corner styles

http://members.toast.net/cnt/corner.htm
OK... Plans for 6'tall TV Entertainment Center, I can easily guess it's gonna be HEAVY! Anyway, few weeks ago I started a thread about 45-degree corner (strength). Some suggested 22.5 miter cuts (which then ends up "round"). I first started off with 15-degrees miter cuts (more round), then the rest 45-degrees, then lastly the 22.5 degrees. Well, take a look at the link and let me know what you like or see what can be improved.
The point for this is that, as you see the kid's project, would make the 6' tall look too blank. This is where I added the raised panels on the front sides, to add styles. I thought about 3-lines grooves (but think it's old fashion now?).
Thank you for looking, ideas, whatever.
Chuck
CNT (in snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com) said:
| http://members.toast.net/cnt/corner.htm | | OK... Plans for 6'tall TV Entertainment Center, I can easily guess | it's gonna be HEAVY! Anyway, few weeks ago I started a thread about | 45-degree corner (strength). Some suggested 22.5 miter cuts (which | then ends up "round"). I first started off with 15-degrees miter | cuts (more round), then the rest 45-degrees, then lastly the 22.5 | degrees. Well, take a look at the link and let me know what you | like or see what can be improved. | | The point for this is that, as you see the kid's project, would | make the 6' tall look too blank. This is where I added the raised | panels on the front sides, to add styles. I thought about 3-lines | grooves (but think it's old fashion now?).
Chuck...
Ok - since everybody is an art critic, I'll weigh in for the thinnest design with the round corner (the one in back) - although I might opt for 3/8" or 1/2" oak-faced plywood for the interior of the media compartment instead of 3/4" boards to reduce weight.
The choice of raised panels /vs/ flutes should be your choice to match the decor of your home. I think your raised panels look good; but I also like the art deco look that you could achieve with decorative fluting.