Entertainment Center Revisited

In 1995 I built a rather unique entertainment center that would house stereo equipment, CD's, a 35" console TV, provide display storage, speakers and provide an opening to an existing opening. Whew!

So any way my customer called me a couple of weeks ago stating that the 35" console TV was shot and they now have a 37" LCD setting in its place and wanted to know if I could I fill in the voids.

The chest has 4 drawers and the pulls are all bunched together. The top drawer pulls are on the bottom of the drawer front and the bottom drawer pulls are on the top of the drawer front.

Pictures posted at a.b.p.w with the same title.

Reply to
Leon

I love how the speakers were done. I have done something similar.

Obviously your old customer was happy with the original project. He asked you to modify it to fit a new TV. And it looks good. This could end up becoming an ongoing job with the constant changes in modern day electronics!

And it is unusual. I couldn't help thinking that it looked like a contemporary version of a fireplace mantel. Again, good lookin' piece.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Very nice! So, tell me more about those drawer handles...please. What I like about today's electronics, is that units like that can be made shallow(er).. less intrusive into the room. Speakers are much smaller now too.

In a way that's too bad, the new-fangled entertainment units are starting to look anemic. Too much glass and tubular stuff...we want wood, dammit...

Reply to
Robatoy

I think I have built about 11 pieces fo r that customer and I have redone the cabinets and sink in their master bathroom.

The piece backs up to a 3 sided wall and is exactly the width of that section of wall. The opening at the top opens up to a hole in the wall over the sink in the kitchen.

Reply to
Leon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robatoy" Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 9:09 PM Subject: Re: Entertainment Center Revisited

Thank you. The handles, Ash, painted with black stain and clear coated with varnish. 1/4" thick and 1-3/4" deep at the center. They are oval shaped and are flush with the front ends of the drawer fronts. There is a

5/8" hole in the center.

I usta have 4 large loud speakers. I bought hem in 1975 and finally replaced them in 2003 IIRC. Now 2 speakers smaller than those in the pictures and a 12" subwoofer made by Phase Technologies, a center and rear satellite speakers made by Boston Acoustics. These out perform the old ones.

Reply to
Leon