Compressor nailer quesiton

I have been thinking about getting one of those 6 gallon compressor nailer combos (Porter Cable or Bostitch) for some wooodworking projects but I was wondering if you can run a framing nailer off one. I do some carpentry work every now and then with decks and fences and some remodeling. The associate at the Depot did not know but pointed out that a framing nailer was not pictured on the display tag. The framing nailers I looked at mentioned a range (80 - 125 PSI), which both compressors provide, but did not give a SCFM.
Will a 6 gallon compressor work with a framing nailer for light to moderate use?
Thanks
Rick wrote:

---SNIP---
I have the same compressor, and I'd say you'll be fine for occasional use. I've run a large Porta-Nails 421 flooring nailer (the one that fires "horseshoe nails") with it with no issues or complaints.
If you're planning on doing it on a regular basis, I'd get a bigger compressor.
In short yes.
However you need to do your research and of course the web can be a wonderful source ;-) I have a <http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?eT7&pG97 and it will run any nailer I throw at it. Look for a rating of SCFM (Standard Cubic Feet per Minute), and compare that to what your nailer requires. Amazon is a great place to read some reviews once you settle on a brand or price.
Best of luck to you!
DAC
check the wreck back a few days. I remeber somebody posting a deal on a bostitch combo-kit better than any PC price.

The last car I bought did not have bags of groceries shown in the trunk, but I manage to do it anyway.

Absolutely. These sized compressors were basically make for nailers. Typically nail guns are very low volume but high pressure users.