Clamps - They are gone

Damn - that was fast.
I was told to be there at 9:00 A.M. tomorrow at my local Woodcraft store. Maybe 8:45...? >Subject: Clamps - They are gone

Someday, it'll all be over....
I'm getting there at 8. With my 2 month old son in tow hehe

Sorry to hear that. But have you tried going down to your local HD and picking up some Bessey clamps for 40% off (well sort of)? They have a promo going through the end of the month...spend $100 on any hand tool (clamps too!) and get a gift card for $40 by mail. Sure you're not getting cash back or a true $ off but if you are like me you'll probably spend that amount on shop staples anyway (sand paper, roller covers, lumber, nuts/bolts, etc).
Hopefully this is a 'silver lining' to your clamp quest. I picked up a set of k-bodies, and a few small tradesmen clamps. Mark
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comEDY (Tom) wrote in message

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Mark) wrote in message

I thought I got shut out on the Jorgy frenzy but I just received an email saying that part of my order would be shipped (four 24" clamps). Sad part is that I've got one more board to glue up on my 25 1/2" wide workbench. I had plenty of 24" or > clamps to get that far but I really need more of the longer clamps to finish the job. I already give HD weekly business on standard supplies so I guess $100 more on Besseys isn't going to matter. Thanks for passing on the promo info.
Cheers, Mike
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 04:40:53 GMT, "Rob V"
Actually, it was, "shit - that was fast."
I wonder how many people know the reference. I just watched it again on DVD yesterday.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
i believe that was the quick and the dead "Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day,fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way......"
Picked up twelve clamps at my local store. I was number 7 in line this morning. It's almost like having christmas in octoberl.

I called my local store - they said they had several of each size in stock. They said to be there first thing. I was there at 8:55 am. After picking up some router bits, Top Coat, and blade cleaner, they told me that the store "wasn't participating in the clamp sale".
Got back and checked their website - "sorry, we sold out, but here's a 10% coupon". Just seems like "bait & switch" to me. The email message notifying us of the sale didn't say "at participating stores" or anything limiting.
Yeah, I'm disappointed, and it'll be a while before I trust a Woodcraft advertisement again.
Nick