Christmas is coming

Well,its only 4 Weeks away ! What are you making as Cgristmas Gifts ?? . Personally I have several Turned desklamps, ready to " allocate" and am currently engaged making ? Jewelry boxes - my first attemps at box corners using the tablesaw to make the fingers ( very interesting ), So nice when it all works out :-)).

What are you making for Christmas giveaways ?

Reply to
B.White

Not making, but teaching others to make.

I bought kid size tioolkits and birdhouse kits from Woodcraft for the granddaughters (ages 5 1/2 and 8).

146707 My First Project Tool Bag With Tools 146969 Birdhouse Kit

I'll set up a work table in the garage and we'll spend time together building and painting. I have a good selection of paint colors (yellow, green, red, white, etc) but still may have to go out for paint; the younger granddaughter's favorite colors are pink and purple (think princess shadess).

The toolkits and birdhouses are just reminders of the gift of time.

John

Reply to
news

I'm building napkin holders - an open top box 8x8 inch, 3" high, with a round bar that rides in slots to hold the napkins in a wind. Using juniper, pine, and recycled old growth fir - scrap wood!

Also two candle boxes as seen on Woodwright. Very nasty with odd angles, sliding dovetails and homemade moldings. Also secret compartments.

Just about done except for finishing. Have to meet shipping deadlines, as kids are scattered.

Reply to
rich

Well, SWMBO & I are working together on pine cone "trees" for church Christmas party. Sprayed them dark green, put a small "disc" base under them, painted ends of the "limbs" white and sprinkled on silver glitter, then used low temp glue gun to puthobby beads on the limbs for ornaments. They are going to be on tables and will go in drawing as door prizes. After making scroll saw ornaments for the last 2-3 yrs. I'm trying something different this yr. Picked up some chunks of Beech while in NY for Summer and waxed ends so they wouldn't check. Going to fire up the Shopsmith this PM and see if I'm still capable of working with turning chisels. Last things I turned wewre a couple ornaments back in ? when Charlie Self had been burned out and some of us Wreckers made some Christmas ornaments for he and his family. Must have been about 03,04,05. Thought I kept pics of them, but can't locate them right this minute. The turned ornaments(if I'm successful) will go to family & friends, also some to church for chinese auction gifts. Seems they like "home-made" stuff, almost fought over the scrolled ornaments.

Norm

Reply to
Nahmie