Are you as daft as me?

So, who else will be as daft as me on Christmas day and sow their broad bean seeds? I'll be out there, the forecast is frost free and may be damp. Just right for sowing! Happy Christmas All the best Gardenjunkie S. E. England

Reply to
Gardenjunkie

Gardenjunkie;872690 So, who else will be as daft as me on Christmas day and sow their broad bean seeds? I'll be out there, the forecast is frost free and may be damp. Just right for sowing!

Happy Christmas All the best Gardenjunkie S. E. England

lol that would be fun since its winter here in southwestern ontario, canada ;).

i hope u have a lot of fun planting and get a really good yield as well :).

good luck :). cyaaaaaaa, sockiescat.

Reply to
sockiescat

Well that?s it, 100 broad beans sown, 70 in veg plot and 30 in pots in greenhouse for a head start. Weather has been ideal, mild, slight breeze and the sun, although a bit shy, showed itself a few times.

Christmas dinner cooked, eaten and digested (partially). Washing up done.

Time to relax now browsing through those glossy seed and plant catalogues choosing for the seasons to come.

Happy Christmas All the best Gardenjunkie

Reply to
Gardenjunkie

A balmy 36F here in Northern California. With any luck at all, I'll get some seaweed planted today.

Reply to
Wildbilly

While those sound tasty, it's about 20F here

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

In the 20's here on the Pacific NW so no planting for awhile. Do have a new layout inside my head that I'm working on. :)

Merry Christmas!

Donna in WA

Reply to
Lelandite

It was a beautiful Christmas Day here in Northern Sacramento Valley in California. It got to 50 in the sunshine, so that's where I stayed. No vegies planted here, broccoli is doing fine and that is it. But I did spend most of the afternoon doing my "pre-rose pruning" Cutting them back to about 4 feet and then stripping the remaining leaves off. I found lots of little narcissus noses peeking up; the birds were singing and enjoying the nice day also.(It was 25 overnight and the bird baths were frozen solid so I did thaw them out, so birdies could drink) About 3pm it started to get a little colder, so I had my tea and XMas cake, and went in to look at catalogs and start my Long List.

Christmas Bloomers were few this year, due to the 19 degree nights. Roses were not anythin;g but buds, most of which got cut off. Camellias are starting: PinkPerfection and Jordan's Pride. Gaillardia is valiantly hanging on with a few passable blooms. Pansies and violas are going strong. A few early flowers on the Loropetalum. Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca

Not quite. It has been in negative degrees F. here in Colorado. Christmas morning at 10 AM it was -2 deg with a wind chill equivalent to -22deg. F. and six inches of new snow on the ground in the Rocky Mts. where we were staying. It was all of +18 deg. F. at home.

Not exactly planting weather, or even skiing weather unless you are a teenager.

gloria p

Reply to
gloria.p

Actually you didn't, some Botanist did.

You can add some leaves to lemonade made from lemons, more as agarnish (it'll be difficult squeezing juice from basil). However you can use the plant to make lemon basil tea. And you can use lemon basil for cooking and in salads the same as standard basil.

Reply to
brooklyn1

Boron mentioned this site over in Alt.bread.recipes.

extensive and wonderful work.

I like Nichols for plants and seeds

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

I cant comment on lemon basil. But I grew a Lemon balm plant. it made a tea that tasted exactly like lemons were in it

Reply to
Mike