Calif to SC or GA woodshop?

Currently looking for home/shop in Greenville or Augusta area as a native Californian. Currently sharing 2 car garage with wood storage outside as humidity on So Calif coast isn't a problem. Hoping to get shop with enough space inside for storage and wondering if sharing a 3 car garage is viable. Would opening door for car cause too big a problem with humidity? Expecting a dehumidifier will be required in most cases but will opening the door overwhelm it? Californians aren't typically faced with this schtuff. Observations welcomed!

You moved to South Carolina !!! just keep your passport handy at all times.....

voluntarily move to Greenville? Rent a house for a year - you'll be back!
Dave
No, not kicked out of Calif but 2 kids and grandkids are in SC and GA and time marches on! I retired 11 years ago and wife joined the happy throng 1.5 years ago. Looked for 2 weeks almost and have a couple of "possibles" but nothing firm yet. Testing the waters so to speak. After 22+ years of travel from Calif to Boston/Virginia/Wash DC year round I'm too familiar with humidity but reality prevails.
There is a pretty active woodworker's guild in Greenville (no personal experience)http://www.greenvillewoodworkers.com/index.htm There is a hardwood dealer on Rt 101 just to the east of GSP airport. I live an hour north in Fletcher, NC where it is about ten degrees cooler but has occasional snow and ice storms and no woodworking stores closer than Greenville (Woodcraft, also a Harbor Freight and a Tool Shed, Klingspors in Hickory and Charlotte). But I have two retired brothers living in Greenville. Suggest you try looking in the Taylors (semi-urban) and Greer (semi-urban to rural) areas, and there are some very pretty rural areas just to the north of them.
David Merrill

Thanks David for the info, it is appreciated. Guild looks impressive and will look at more as time allows.
On 14 Oct 2005 12:04:42 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net"

I live in Aiken, SC. (just across the water from Augusta, GA.) and unless a garage in this area is unusually sealed, humidity will be a problem. Do some real estate research and find a house with a basement (rare but not unheard of) that has climate control or build a separate shop building. If you own a home in California, you can purchase an equivalent home and have enough money left over for a VERY nice shop :-)
HTH Bill
Thanks Bill, seems as though your observations are right on. After two weeks looking we've decided to tread water and ponder a couple of candidates. "The moving finger having written moves on and all of your piety and wit ..." still prevails.