Bosch Reaxx Table Saw

Page 5 of 7
On 9/24/2015 11:26 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

Happiness from a smart decision made from using facts.

No doubt considering your next statement.

So you do know that Festool has products based on your comment above but don't know what it means. Do you know that Makita, Porter Cable, Fein, Bosch, Powermatic, etc. mean?

If I read a comment and am asked a question I normally respond. Just like I am responding to you.

Festool right now. I have been retired from the rat race for 20+ years.
On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:18:53 -0500

humor has left you or actually you are someone that takes the internet seriously
On 9/24/2015 10:28 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:24:17 -0500

discussion is good but still no one really cares that is just human nature
reading and discussing is one thing caring is another because that involves taking things to heart
i like reading about your tools but i do not care beyond that
if i win a festool i will post here and people will read it for whatever reason but they will not care and it will have zero impact on their life
_
On 9/24/2015 11:37 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

Oh, ok, that is sensible. FWIW there are some here that do buy products based on my reviews.

You'd better hope you never meet my wife! ;-)
On 9/24/2015 7:03 PM, krw wrote:

LOL! But if I met your wife, she might want me to build something for her and then it would all even out. ;~)
On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:20:24 -0500

but do they get a discount
On 9/25/2015 1:54 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

No one gets a discount on Festool or SawStop

a hat or t-shirt, at least...lol

Only if it's sponsored. ;-)

Actually a resonable factor in one's decision. Environment, source, impact on others, etc are all important factors in any decision. Certainly reasonable to boycott a product based on an unethical manufacturer.

That is an emotional decision and perfectly fine if that way of deciding which is best for you, I try to use facts about the product with out considering anything else. You are not buying the manufacturer, you should not consider that if you want to make the best educated decision on closing a product that best works for you.
Leon wrote:

That reminds me of the "prisoners dilemma" (problem from game theory).

But you ARE supporting that manufacturer.

And if the manufacturer makes his product using slave and/or child labor?
On 9/25/2015 5:55 PM, Baxter wrote:

This has come up wit other groups and other products. Child labor is a problem in some countries, but not buying the product is not the answer. If you put those factories out of business the kids can no longer afford a bowl of rice. What is the solution? Since you want them shut down, you must have a better idea.

that abuse and that poverty. Buy the competing product that costs just a little bit more and pays a free adult a better wage so they can send their kids to school.
Period.
On 9/25/2015 7:00 PM, Baxter wrote:

So let the other kids starve? I don't see where you offered a solution, just some self righteous posturing.

You might study the origins of Capitalism. Those kids probably weren't starving before the factory was build and their families forced of the land they were farming.
---------- The Highland Clearances, a prime example of Capitalist displacement of peoples. In the 18oo?s, Scottish tribal chieftains began expelling people from land in order to ?improve? production. Supported by the English Crown which had already begun the same process, landlords forced people off their ancestral lands to turn land into Capital. The subsequent emigration also caused violence in the lands to which people fled, as indigenous peoples in the Americas and Australia became secondary victims of Scottish Capitalism.
http://tinyurl.com/om6wyds -----------
And, no, this pattern is not restricted to Scotland but is repeated again and again around the world.
On 9/25/2015 6:00 PM, Baxter wrote:

produced by a child, that it will put a stop to that? While I agree that child labor is not a great scenario, if not manufacturing, they might be sold or traded as slaves.