Re bosch table saw

I just bought a bosch 4000 table saw. I am having a big time problem trying

> to set the splitter on it. It keeps on getting stuck on the wood when I > rip. I have tried adjusting over and back and over and back etc. but it > still hangs up. I think I have followed the instructions that came with it. > Any help from anyone? > Patt

I am not sure how or where the wood hangs up by the desciption in your post, more info would help with a solution. I have had the bosch for 4 years. I have removed and replaced the splitter so many times I stripped yhr threads on the mount. I re-tapped the holes, removed my splitter and cut it down into a riving knife. there is now no blade guard of course, but the riving knife ALWAYS stays on the saw regardless of the type of cut. I have tried a number of ways to get the saw to kick back (think mythbusters type of experiments) and it will not do it.

Scot

Reply to
srazor

Have you tried with the blade guard removed ? I think Scot is right. I had the same problem previously. I removed the blade guard leavin the riving knife without load....and the saw blade and the riving knife became i straight line

-- Sandingdust

Reply to
Sandingdust