Bosch 3107 DVS Orbital Sander

I have a Bosch 3107 orbital sander. While sanding, the bolt that holds the hook ( or is that the loop?) loosened and came out. I re-attached the pad to the sander, securely tighting the bolt and started in again. After about two minutes of sanding it loosened again. This happened 3-4 times, each time I tightened it as much as I could, but with the same results.
Any suggestions?
Add pictures here
✖
geraldonj said:

Not familiar with that mechanism, but have you considered automotive type thread locking compound? Use common sense or a torque table to determine the tightening torque for the bolt - wouldn't want to strip either thread or break a shaft. Wait for it to set before using.
FWIW
Greg G.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:07:00 -0800 (PST), geraldonj

Loctite #2 or perhaps #3?
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 1, 1:16 pm, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Add pictures here
✖
geraldonj said:

You might find that the bore of the pad or bearing is worn, thus causing the screw to loosen. Thread lock compound will stall replacement, but you might consider closely examining each part and ordering appropriate replacement(s) for those that are worn.
Greg G.
Add pictures here
✖

Yeah, I'd suspect worn out parts as typically bolts and nuts that spin naturally tighten in use.
Add pictures here
✖
geraldonj wrote:

Loctite (probably red) comes to mind, however I'd e-mail Bosch and see that they have to say as well.
Add pictures here
✖