Bifold doors

I'm ready to begin my bifold closet door project and plan to purchase the hardware first, per the suggestion of great advice from this forum. I also plan to use simple 1" x 3", cut slots and insert panels. Very simple, of course. Since the closet openings are not that big, I didn't see the need to use standard size thickness. The problem is finding the hardware for 1" (actually 3/4") thickness. Lowes and HD sell the hardware but state a minimum of 1" thickness,as do most other retailers I found online. Anyone know where I can find the hardware for my needs or am I destined to use a thicker wood?

Thanks

Reply to
Meanie

Wouldn't you know it, after asking the question, I found a site (KV Door Hardware) which offers hardware for a minimum of 3/4" doors. Anyone heard of them?

I'm still open for suggestions.

Thanks

Reply to
Meanie

Yes. Knape and Vogt have been around for a long time and are one of the larger hardware manufacturers. They are frequently referred to simply as "KV".

dadiOH

My suggestion is to still use the heavier wood. Normal 1 1/4 inch thick doors are none too strong for 16 inch panels (talking 1 1/4" frames with panels or slats)

Reply to
clare