Best Tool To Cut Turkey With??

Hi all,

Just wanted to know what you all thought the best tool would be to carve the turkey with since I don't have an electric knife? I ask because with regard to food I'm not extactly a neander, more of a Normite.

I was thinking a recip saw might work well...but all suggestions are welcome and should be tried.

But, I thought I should ask the wreck and poll the collective wisdom...

Layne

Reply to
Layne

A chain saw, you will be cutting dry, yough stuff.

You need some horsepower.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Well, you gotta consider the cleanup, too. Will the recip saw draw all sorts of bone & skin chunks into the mechanism? If yes, you might wanna have a spray can of degreaser around. It's also handy for cleaning the childrens' faces.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

One word ....................

HUSQVARNA!

Don't forget your personal protective equipment.

Let the dogs do the clean up.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Somebody posted this earlier, but it wasn't advertised as a turkey cutter. I think it could very well be used for one.

FMB

Bandsaw with a 2 tpi 3/4 blade. Takes care of any bones in the way.. Happy Thanksgiving to all, no matter how you cut your bird.

David

Reply to
Genedoc

I just got out the cordless SAZALL for the task! I always end up at all family gatherings cutting the turkey or ham,, This will probably put and end to me being the exclusive "Slicer".

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

My light saber.

dave

Reply to
David

A sliding compound miter saw would do a great job. (Strangely that's very similar to a meat slicer)

Or, make a Turkey sled for your table saw. Make sure you have the bird breast side down and tilt the blade to 45 degrees. One of those blades designed for melamine should work nicely.

Reply to
A.M. Wood

:p Defiantly the laser miter saw, very thin slices.

Reply to
Tom O'Connor

So far, all of you have missed the obvious:

Stuff the bird with potassium nitrate and mix with canola oil. Mix carefully, toss in some bread (to hold it all together), some sage. Put in oven..and leave the building. Go to your neighbours...no..not the ones living immediately next to you...a few doors down. Wait for the unmistakable sound that the turkey has de-boned itself. Collect and eat. . . . . . . . . . . . I mean.. if we're talking silly, let's talk silly...

Reply to
Robatoy

On 11/24/2005 12:42 PM Layne mumbled something about the following:

My choice would be the cordless sawzall, m'self.

Reply to
Odinn

Beyond question this is a job for a radial arm saw and an Incra Fence. Adjust the fence one notch for each slice and you can have shaved turkey brest just like you get at the deli only this will actually taste like turkey not processed turkey meat (water added).

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Everyone knows a RAS is far too dangerous for carving a turkey, especially if you're ripping it rather than cross cutting. However, when it comes to dealing with the leftovers, you can't beat a turkey sandwich made from paper thin slices carved on a Harbor Freight 7" jointer.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Bandsaw! Use the Tyson Slice-master and your "Poultry-Only" blade.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

Hand grenade.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

Blowtorch and a lathe. Skew chisel for the meat, bowl gouge for the stuffing. Use a spokeshave every now and then to undercut the bones.

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

Sound like the best idea so far! But, I think it would be best to do the "cooking" at a relative's house instead...one you don't get along with too well...

Layne

Reply to
Layne

Reply to