Best Tool To Cut Turkey With??

Page 1 of 2

Hi all,
Just wanted to know what you all thought the best tool would be to carve the turkey with since I don't have an electric knife? I ask because with regard to food I'm not extactly a neander, more of a Normite.
I was thinking a recip saw might work well...but all suggestions are welcome and should be tried.
But, I thought I should ask the wreck and poll the collective wisdom...
Layne
Layne wrote:

A chain saw, you will be cutting dry, yough stuff.
You need some horsepower.
Lew

Well, you gotta consider the cleanup, too. Will the recip saw draw all sorts of bone & skin chunks into the mechanism? If yes, you might wanna have a spray can of degreaser around. It's also handy for cleaning the childrens' faces.

One word ....................
HUSQVARNA!
Don't forget your personal protective equipment.
Let the dogs do the clean up.
Steve
I just got out the cordless SAZALL for the task! I always end up at all family gatherings cutting the turkey or ham,, This will probably put and end to me being the exclusive "Slicer".
Don Dando
Do

Somebody posted this earlier, but it wasn't advertised as a turkey cutter. I think it could very well be used for one. http://inv.cwwood.com/q/webinv/008760=iform,4620,0S0690,,list,,,20052633
FMB

Bandsaw with a 2 tpi 3/4 blade. Takes care of any bones in the way.. Happy Thanksgiving to all, no matter how you cut your bird.
David
Layne wrote:

My light saber.
dave
A sliding compound miter saw would do a great job. (Strangely that's very similar to a meat slicer)
Or, make a Turkey sled for your table saw. Make sure you have the bird breast side down and tilt the blade to 45 degrees. One of those blades designed for melamine should work nicely.
:p Defiantly the laser miter saw, very thin slices.

So far, all of you have missed the obvious:
Stuff the bird with potassium nitrate and mix with canola oil. Mix carefully, toss in some bread (to hold it all together), some sage. Put in oven..and leave the building. Go to your neighbours...no..not the ones living immediately next to you...a few doors down. Wait for the unmistakable sound that the turkey has de-boned itself. Collect and eat. . . . . . . . . . . . I mean.. if we're talking silly, let's talk silly...
Sound like the best idea so far! But, I think it would be best to do the "cooking" at a relative's house instead...one you don't get along with too well...
Layne

On 11/24/2005 12:42 PM Layne mumbled something about the following:

My choice would be the cordless sawzall, m'self.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

Bandsaw! Use the Tyson Slice-master and your "Poultry-Only" blade.
Hand grenade.
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.

Blowtorch and a lathe. Skew chisel for the meat, bowl gouge for the stuffing. Use a spokeshave every now and then to undercut the bones.
- Owen -
There are bandsaw blades explicitely made for cutting meat.