Best rub or spray on rust protection?

I need something to keep the rust at bay on my squares, planes and other tools. I've heard that used motor oil on a rag works about as good as anything, but I'd rather not have to clean it off and reapply it every time I use the tool.
Suggestions? Carmelio Oil?
JP ******** Oiled.
Johnson Paste wax works for me. Has to be renewed, but not nasty like motor oil.
Walt C

TopCote

I've never seen any rust form on any tool I've coated with Boeshield T-9. It eventually dries to a non-oily state. I use Johnson's wax for TS, planer, etc tables.
David
Jay Pique wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

One of the guys here posted that he kept a fan running sometimes or all the time and that prevented rust in the workshop. I re-did the slope of the yard and dirt against the basement around the shop area -trying to cut back onthe moisture getting into the basement.
Josie
Wax works, but here you need to reapply it occasionally. I use a rag dampened with kerosene to wipe rust-prone tools. It will even remove light rust.

Move to Southern California, use the tools frequently.
Or TopCote
Dave