Rust/iron on cement driveway

Well water overspray (previous owner) has made the cement driveway a rust coilor.

Is there anyway, a paint or sealer or stain I can use to cover and keep any rust from bleeding through. Without using muratic acid?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Oxalic acid will remove rust stains without damaging the concrete.

Forget about trying to cover it up. Anything you put on there will flake and peel eventually, and look worse than the rust stains.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I'm not familiar with Oxalic acid how is that different from Muratic acid?

Reply to
Bill

Try Oxalic acid for removing rust. I believe it's the active ingrediant in most Deck Brightener products.

Reply to
davefr

it's much more benign. it comes in crystal form that you can sprinkle on. it's the main (only?) ingredient in barkeepers friend.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

It won't damage concrete.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Oxalic acid solutions, such as Marinize's Rust-Aid.

Muriatic acid washing of plaster or concrete isn't the horror you may have heard. See my techniques at

Richard J Kinch