bandsaw tires

Hi all,
I recently acquired a 14" bandsaw and would like to replace the tires. I've done a search on Google, but I'd like to have your comments about the different ones. Also, any suggestions on good quality blades would be appreciated.
Thanks, Chris Cranmer
I buy blades and tires from Suffolk Machinery 1-800-234-SAWS for the Rockwell 14".
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 00:22:25 -0400, "Christopher Cranmer"

Christopher Cranmer wrote:

Take a look at wood slicer blades at Highland Hdwe at http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/index.asp or at Suffolk Machinery at http://www.suffolkmachinery.com /. Both offer excellent blades and tires of all sizes.     mahalo,         jo4hn
I second Highland Hardware.
Wayne

I recently replaced the tires on my bandsaw. The old tires slipped off easily. I was surprised how hard it was to mount the new tires. It took a couple C-clamps and several prying tools.
Dick
Richard Cline wrote:

The most recent tires for the ancient 12" Craftsman (purchased from Suffolk) came with mounting instructions, including a hot water soak. The bad words that go with the mounting I already knew.     j4
Discussing this with support led me to thinking heating prior to installation then strectching them on was to preclude the need for adhesive.

I just received my blades and tires from Suffolk today. My BS is a newer (2002) Bridgewood 15". I'm hoping that I won't need the clamps, prying tools, and bad words!!
To the OP - I haven't used the Timberwolf blades yet, but everything I've heard here is that they are amoung the best available. They were sure nice to deal with on the phone - very helpful. My saw is a little "off size", so they custom made the blades and tires to fit - no extra charge.
I'll do a short post after I get the tires and new blade on, and get it in some wood.
Nick B

Please do try Lee Valley Viking blades I can assure that they are just as good if not better than Suffork. They cost no more than Timberwolf and rest assure you will never regret it. Everyone here trust Lere Valley?
Suffork is not always that nice, I have three blades sitting on my shelf gathering dusts. I am also expecting flame from Timberwolf lover here, they hate me for telling the truth and think I have axe to grind. Anyone who disagree with me please sent me you axes, I'll grind it for free, including shipping and handling both directions.
Cheers :0-)

Preheating by soaking for required time really softened the urethane tires I got from them and if memory serves the only tool used was the shaft of a screwdriver to get last portion of tire over the wheel edge. Easier than expected.