flatening high pressure laminate

Has anyone successfully flattened old Formica . (yes it realy is ) It has been laying around for over 15 yrs and is curved so I'm afraid the contact cement will not be able to hold it down. I'm going to use it in a drawer bottom on 1/8 in. plywood so it should be pretty FLAT. Ideas? Thanks ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

Back roll it/reverse the bow for a couple of days or week and see if it flattens.

You could also set it in the direct sun while it's back rolled/the bow is reversed.

I would also look at the thickness. If it's the old standard grade (.045ish) you "might" have a problem. Vertical grade (.030ish) would probably not be any problem and not need the bow reversed.

It's a SWAG.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Just let the laminate lay out flat for a day or two if you feel this to be necessary. My experience with using plastic laminates is that if you are using a Good and relatively fresh contact adhesive, you are not going to have a problem with it holding the laminate down. These adhesives hold very well and instantly.

Reply to
Leon