band saw

looking for set of plans to build a band saw............

Reply to
engmtccsc

TeamCasa

Out of what? I hope you've got some really nice tools to tackle something like that with... Lots of milling required, I'm sure. By they time you get it built, you could probably have bought yourself a Grizzly and sawn away for weeks. If you can do it, awesome- but bandsaws are a touchy breed.

Reply to
Prometheus

about 30 years ago, Popular Mechanics or similiar published plans on building a band saw using plywood 12 inch as I recall. Might check the archives.

Reply to
JMWEBER987

Gilliom out of St. Charles, Mo once upon a time sold kits for saws, band saws, shapers, sanders and other machines. They supply the parts and pieces we humans can't get like the wheels, arbors and castings. The line is/was called Gil-Bilt.

This address goes back a couple/few years.

Gilliom Manufacturing Inc.

500 Boonslick Rd. St. Charles, MO (636)724-1812

As an aside, I have a friend who built one of their band saws and he liked it just fine but short of a rave review. He switched from their recommended fir ply to Baltic Birch and made other arm chair injineering decisions as he went..

One thing to note, when you get the kit, don't be surprised by the quality of the castings and the material but then whaddayawantanyway, I mean hell, it's a fargin' kit after all, right?

Here's a link to look at.

Unisaw A100