New to woodworking/questions on Armoir

I am relatively new to wood working. I have a table saw and that is about it. I am more use to using metal and have more metalworking tools (welders, etc) than wood.

My 4 year old daughter need an armoir that will hold her tv and dvd player. What other tools would I need to tackle this project? How hard would it be to build one? Are there sources for free plans for these anywhere?

Any help is appreciated!

P.S. Are those plans you get a lowes any good?

Reply to
Don

Fri, Oct 1, 2004, 11:19am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Don) wants to know: . What other tools would I need to tackle this project?

Basically, clamps, and glue. Well, a screwdriver, for the screws for the hinges.

How hard would it be to build one?

Depends on how complex you make it. A box, with doors, not too hard.

You can paint it, with designs. Can't draw? Paint it, print some clip art, glue those on, paint 'em. No prob. A kid will like that more than fancy woodwork. But, you can always cut out some fancy work, and glue that on before you paint it.

Are there sources for free plans for these anywhere?

Are you kdding? Where do you think Darth Vader got his plans for the Death Star? His local library, of course.

Any help is appreciated! P.S. Are those plans you get a lowes any good?

Dunno, probably. Are they worth the price? Probably not to me. I usually don't buy plans, unless I'm buying books in a used bookstore.

JOAT We will never have great leaders as long as we mistake education for intelligence, ambition for ability, and lack of transgression for integrity.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T