B.S. by Famiy Handyman magazine.

My recent issue arrived with a separate page explaining that "this is a special issue and that it will count as two of your subscriber issues, and the duration of your subscription will be adjusted accordingly."

Here is my email reply:

------------------------- Dear The Family Handyman,

I had to laugh when I read the insert that you provided my my magazine: " .. We are treating it as a special issue that will count towards two of your subscriber issuses." except for the fact that you're wasting my time.

My reason for asking you to treat it only as ONE issue for me is:

*** What the hell do you think this is??? We had a contract!!! ***

I am very unsatisfied which your magazines conduct in this matter. I find it VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and I hope that it does not happen again.

-------------------------

If you're a subscriber, take notice and don't let them try to pull that crap. FWIW, regular issue ~100 pages, this one was 130 and seems to include more advertising than usual.

Reply to
Bill

Well, yannow.... it's Family Handyman Mag, bro'.

Reply to
Robatoy

Hey, I checked, found their forum, and find that there's a whole bunch of folks who appear upset about! I'm going to go read what they think! LOL! And I'll bring my letter with me! : )

Bill

September's issue was 108 pages, the "big new" October was 128 pages. I haven't yet tallied up the content v. ad space yet and written to them, but I think I'll ream them like I did the idiot at Netflix. Who ARE these people?

-- Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden. Which is why so few people have them. So few people can handle it. -- Hugh Macleod

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Good on you Bill!

Anyway, is that rain on your shoes? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

If I were the person at FH reading your missive I would disregard it and file in the 'lunatic fringe' basket. Perhaps a better thought out response which contained fewer vestigial question marks, asterisks and exclamation points would have made you come across as a valuable and believable customer. I think you should just cancel your subscription. Financial responses go farther towards making a point than rhetoric, capital letters and vulgarity. Just sayin'

Reply to
tommyboy

That's the spirit!!! : )

Reply to
Bill

I hope so!!! We'll never know for sure. : )

Reply to
Bill

Exactly. Pissing and moaning and writing letters will have little effect on the publisher. Pull money, however, and you'll definitely have their attention.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

My response was reasonably thought out. I found their action/conduct egregious!!! It's not easy to convey that through email, but I did the best I could in 3 sentences. I have other fish to fry.,,

I hope my message gets to the *Lunatic/Idiot* that started this! I asked them to publish my message in the "letters to the editor" section of their next issue. Let's nip this in the bud before other magazines follow suit.

Reply to
Bill

I think you should just cancel your subscription.

I don't normally give up on things that fast. I not afraid to try to set them straight though. You know what they say about opinions....

Reply to
Bill

And then what. Being right isn't everything. They just need to remember there contract.

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
Bill

Haste makes waist.................

Max

Reply to
Max

You will NOT get their attention unless yo do both. Complain and demand a refuud of the remainder.

Reply to
Leon

If I do that, then I won't get to see if they print my letter in the next issue. I've already written them twice. And Larry Jaques is going to write to them, and at least one other person posted a similar message at their web site. I want to read the "the apology" in the next issue. At least they learned some of us are paying attention.

Reply to
Bill

You could buy it at the news stand.

Reply to
Leon

Or you could get all the same info in the interwebs.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Did you send in a renewal notice for next year with your complaint?

They would be the breacher of the contract. Read it very carefully.

Reply to
Josepi

"All three" if they have their way.

-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques