B.S. by Famiy Handyman magazine.

Page 1 of 3
My recent issue arrived with a separate page explaining that "this is a special issue and that it will count as two of your subscriber issues, and the duration of your subscription will be adjusted accordingly."
Here is my email reply:
------------------------- Dear The Family Handyman,
I had to laugh when I read the insert that you provided my my magazine: " .. We are treating it as a special issue that will count towards two of your subscriber issuses." except for the fact that you're wasting my time.
My reason for asking you to treat it only as ONE issue for me is: *** What the hell do you think this is??? We had a contract!!! ***
I am very unsatisfied which your magazines conduct in this matter. I find it VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and I hope that it does not happen again. -------------------------
If you're a subscriber, take notice and don't let them try to pull that crap. FWIW, regular issue ~100 pages, this one was 130 and seems to include more advertising than usual.

Well, yannow.... it's Family Handyman Mag, bro'.
Robatoy wrote:

Hey, I checked, found their forum, and find that there's a whole bunch of folks who appear upset about! I'm going to go read what they think! LOL! And I'll bring my letter with me! : )
http://community.familyhandyman.com/tfh_forums/f/37/t/1771.aspx

September's issue was 108 pages, the "big new" October was 128 pages. I haven't yet tallied up the content v. ad space yet and written to them, but I think I'll ream them like I did the idiot at Netflix. Who ARE these people?
-- Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden. Which is why so few people have them. So few people can handle it. -- Hugh Macleod
On 10/20/2011 6:00 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

That's the spirit!!! : )

Corporate America.

On 10/19/2011 7:02 PM, Bill wrote:

Good on you Bill!
Anyway, is that rain on your shoes? ;~)
On 10/20/2011 7:15 AM, Leon wrote:

I hope so!!! We'll never know for sure. : )

If I were the person at FH reading your missive I would disregard it and file in the 'lunatic fringe' basket. Perhaps a better thought out response which contained fewer vestigial question marks, asterisks and exclamation points would have made you come across as a valuable and believable customer. I think you should just cancel your subscription. Financial responses go farther towards making a point than rhetoric, capital letters and vulgarity. Just sayin'
Exactly. Pissing and moaning and writing letters will have little effect on the publisher. Pull money, however, and you'll definitely have their attention.
--
Woodworking and more at <http://www.woodenwabbits.com

On 10/20/2011 11:39 AM, Dave Balderstone wrote:

And then what. Being right isn't everything. They just need to remember there contract.
On 10/20/2011 12:25 PM, Bill wrote:

I should have said:
And then what? Being right isn't everything. They just need to remember their contract.

Haste makes waist.................
Max
On 10/20/2011 10:39 AM, Dave Balderstone wrote:

You will NOT get their attention unless yo do both. Complain and demand a refuud of the remainder.
Leon wrote:

If I do that, then I won't get to see if they print my letter in the next issue. I've already written them twice. And Larry Jaques is going to write to them, and at least one other person posted a similar message at their web site. I want to read the "the apology" in the next issue. At least they learned some of us are paying attention.
On 10/20/2011 7:36 PM, Bill wrote:

You could buy it at the news stand.
On 10/20/11 9:53 PM, Leon wrote:

Or you could get all the same info in the interwebs.
--

-MIKE-

Did you send in a renewal notice for next year with your complaint?
They would be the breacher of the contract. Read it very carefully.
---------- "Bill" wrote in message wrote:

On 10/20/2011 9:45 AM, tommyboy wrote:

My response was reasonably thought out. I found their action/conduct egregious!!! It's not easy to convey that through email, but I did the best I could in 3 sentences. I have other fish to fry.,,
I hope my message gets to the *Lunatic/Idiot* that started this! I asked them to publish my message in the "letters to the editor" section of their next issue. Let's nip this in the bud before other magazines follow suit.
On 10/20/2011 9:45 AM, tommyboy wrote:

I think you should just cancel your subscription.

I don't normally give up on things that fast. I not afraid to try to set them straight though. You know what they say about opinions....