Attaching the countertop

Page 2 of 2

Somebody wrote:

Let me ask the stupid question.
Why not make some 2"x2"x1/2" plywood blocks, then epoxy them to the top forming 2"x2"x1" thick pads at each fastener penetration?
Seems simple enough.
Lew

I may yet wind up doing something similar, as it'll give me a little extra stability. (5/8" is a bit thin, but this was a scrap box clearing project.) Glue* a couple cross braces across the width, screw to that, and call it done. Sounds good to me.
*I've a bunch of Titebond II and absolutely no epoxy.
Puckdropper

"Puckdropper" wrote:

If your top likes T/BII, you are good to go.
Lew
On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 15:35:45 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Did you do a free bit of inlay to cover up your screwup, Toy?
-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson