Another excellent Lee Valley episode

I placed an online order for some stocking stuffers with Lee Valley, and chose the "expedited shipping" (3-day). A check I had deposited didn't clear like I thought it would, so the ATM order was declined. I called way early Tuesday morning (I'm in Calif) to re-place the order, and the kind woman told me that it probably wouldn't get deliverd before Xmas eve. 2-day shipping costed more than the order, so I declined and hoped for the best. She said "Let's see what we can do".

I got the order mid-day Xmas eve, it was sent 2nd day delviery.

I hope nobody at Lee Valley reads this and gets upset.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

One part of their very successful way of doing business is empowering everyone in the company, especially those who interact directly with customers. You got great service and a break on shipping. Lee Valley the type of word of mouth advertising that can't be bought and can only be earned. Good quality products - at a fair price - and excellent customer service - THAT'S Lee Valley!

Reply to
charlie b

I'm puzzled by the absolutely Festering prices of some of the new Veritas tools, though. (Robin, what's up with those?)

Yessiree, it is. At that they excel, truly.

I just grabbed a few items yesterday since they're having the FREE SHIPPING sale right now. Dec 23 through Jan 10, 2011, guys!

Digital protractor for $20? #50 clone patternmaker's rasp for $14? Got 'em, along with some 6" phillips screwdriver tips!

-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Reply to
Larry Jaques

so my wife orders my dream tool of the year...the 52" Veritas tool guide plus the 48" extension and the traveller.

it came missing the two 1" clamps. No big deal, I will call them on the

27th. I did. Very nice man answered, He looked me up in the database, found the purchase and immediately offered to send out two replacement clamps, NO CHARGE.

why are more companies not like this. No hassle, no fuss. I guess they figure I will keep spending money there and they are right.

I'm puzzled by the absolutely Festering prices of some of the new Veritas tools, though. (Robin, what's up with those?)

Yessiree, it is. At that they excel, truly.

I just grabbed a few items yesterday since they're having the FREE SHIPPING sale right now. Dec 23 through Jan 10, 2011, guys!

Digital protractor for $20? #50 clone patternmaker's rasp for $14? Got 'em, along with some 6" phillips screwdriver tips!

-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Reply to
Wayne Jacques

When they couldn't supply me with the band saw blade I wanted they gave me the 800 phone number of a competitor.

LdB

Reply to
LdB