Another high five for Lee Valley

Who else can perfectly ship a granite surface plate and a dial indicator in the same box?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Anyone who wants to. "Can" is trivial. The kudos to LV go for caring enough to do it right, and being so consistent in doing so that their customers have come to expect it.

In fact, it's a rather sad comment on other vendors that this is noteworthy!

Reply to
alexy

Now in this instance you have witnessed Great Customer Service.

Reply to
Leon

My sentiments exactly.

Reply to
Robatoy

A few years ago, somebody on this group told a story of Harbor Freight shipping an _anvil_ in the same box as delicate stuff, with no packing material.

That's why I had to post my experience.

Reply to
Ba r r y

That was me. Northern Tools UK (my one and only order) with a bunch of welding goggles too. You can imagine what happened to the goggles.

Not only that, but their customer service were stroppy too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

With Lee Valley, we take things like that for granite. It's nothing to marble about.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

And that's iron clad!

Reply to
Ba r r y

Lee Valley does use a ton of paper when packing but I've had two parcels that were poorly packed. In one a small drill press vice was allowed to slide around and smack stuff up. In another the box was to tall for the contents and the box crushed and was broken open. As a result I was missing a bunch of sanding disks. The sanding disks were tied in bundles with elastics which also broke so there were sanding disks everywhere in the box. The elastic was a very bad ideal. A small bag would be better.

The other 14 or so boxes were pretty good as I recall.

Reply to
jimmy

Hard to believe that a company like LV wouldn't measure up. It's clearly an indication of their commitment to their customers.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

On the surface of it, it appears they stepped up to the plate.

Reply to
Robatoy

They flatly insisted on using the smoothest method.

Reply to
Ba r r y

OH, I don't know. Sounds like a lot of schist to me....

[really: I'm a satisfied LV customer, though...]
Reply to
D Smith