Amana support pitiful

A few months back I purchased Amana Timberline Dado set. The set came with a small barely visible chart that lists blades and spacers to use for different size dados. I seemed to have misplaced the chart so sent off several emails requesting a copy. Well 2 weeks later no response so I sent emails to support and sales again on saturday. Well it seems their support is non existant. My choices are made that much easier in the future no Amana tools. They don't even bother to respond. Just letting people know before they consider Amana tools.

Reply to
dteckie

Be that as it may, it's a guess and fit operation at my house, regardless. Don't know anyone who would rely on some measurement other than the boards themselves.

If you're the exception, measure and make your chart, just don't follow it for anything but first guess.

Reply to
George

Amana, one of the best saw blades I own ... never needed any "support". Did you bother calling them? Not everyone does business by e-mail.

Reply to
Swingman

From Amana's web site it looks like the instruction manual should be available in .PDF format. The links to the manuals do not work. I've sent Amana an email informing them of the problem. Hopefully they will fix the problem shortly and you can download the information.

This is supposed to be the link:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

You could try sending emails to some of the WW'ing magazines.

Awhile back, I had a similar problem with a computer part. It failed after one week and I needed a replacement. After much complaining to the company and getting back no love, I sent emails to a few related mags stating that I had purchased a the product based on their magazine's recommendation and then explained the problem that I was having with support and asked if they could help. All very politely, of course.

Not only did one of the mags help me solve that problem (got my replacement in two days), but a couple of months later, that magazine ran an in-depth article comparing various vendor's support quality.

Reply to
<getsmelove

While I agree that calling them is the best route to take this only points up once more where business has recognized that they need an online presence. Now they need to figure out why.

snipped-for-privacy@amanatool.com

Hey! It says teknikal in the e-mail address.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100