ridgid 3650

Any advice on this table saw? It's $600 at Home Depot and I'm close to buying it. Please don't recommend anything higher as it took me a long time to get to this point. I'm just a poor boomer who is reentering the hobby.

Reply to
John

You might also consider a Grizzly. The Grizzly G0444Z is $600 to your door:

Chris Merrill

I've looked at it. It seems decent for the price. If they have one set up, give especialxy scrutiny to the fence. It seemed iffy to me.

The killer for me was that the motor was 115vac only, according to the nameplate, and my experience is that induction motors are much happier running at 230.

OTOH, my budget is probably only gonna allow me a BT3100, so . . .

Reply to
Charles Krug

Welcome back fellow boomer... Since it's a new offering. I'll bet you don't get much feedback from real owners. My nickle would say to take your $600 and spend it on a Jet or Delta contractor's saw - something more tried n' true.

Reply to
mttt

It can be rewired for 230, instructions are included on how to do it.

Reply to
Lee K

I bought one, happy so far. It's miles ahead of the one it replaced that HD used to sell at the same price. They put a lot of thought into this machine, from where the on/off switch is mounted, to making the base larger to bring the adjustment wheels forward, and the Hercu-lift mobile base works fine, the fence is very good, IMO. I also have a Shopsmith, so this table saw seems like an aircraft carrier.

Reply to
Lee K

Silly me, looking at motor nameplates :-)

Reply to
Charles Krug