Am I the only one never cut to the Left?

Wanted to trim a 33" panel down to size and was fortunate enough to learn that the Jet Supersaw has a generous, near 34" rip capacity to the right, depsite the advertised 30".
A thought that ran through my head, before I saw I had the capacity, was that I'd never put the fence to the left of the blade. And, I supposed that someday, I could slide my existing '30"' rails to the right and gain maybe another foot of rip capacity.
A lesser fool would pop for the 52" rails, I suppose. But this was all "head thinkin'" anyway.
Am I the only one who's never "dressed left"? I mean, I *do* dress left, but this time I'm talking about my fence!
Am I missing out on some grand super-productivity shortcut? Am I wearing out one side of my fence prematurely? What if I slide if over and it gets stuck that way?
Chaz likes the "far" left.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I have more rip capacity to the left than to the right. This gives me great support for the more typical cut - ripping smaller pieces off a large sheet. A picture is at: http://home.san.rr.com/jeffnann/WoodWorking/WoodWorking.html
The saw was already mounted in the table this way when I inherited it, but I like the arrangement. I think one gets used to any setup that does the work that's needed.
Note: if you rip on both sides, then the blade should be dead on square to the fence, no "toe out" allowed...
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email