Am I the only one who cares?????

Are there any plumbers left who take pride in their work????

I try to make it all look good, even if it gets hidden in a wall.

I just can't belive what gets the OK theese days for a job well done. I am not an old fart, just trained by them.

The people who come out of trade schools SUCK, and that is putting it nicely.

Saw a remodel job not too long ago where there was a series of 1" brass pipe that had been bent from horz. to vert. while maintaining a perfect 2" spaceing throughout the whole thing. (8 pipes in all). This was all being removed and thrown in a dumpster only to be replaced with PEX. (this was very sad)

OK im not a drunk or a crazy but it almost brought a tear to my eye to see this done. The brass was fine it did not need to be replaced. Now that space is a mess of plastic. All installed by a bunch of yard apes. It takes no skill to run pex.

This is unfortunely becomeing common practice and our country is suffering because of it.

Our country is being ruined from the inside out, and its not just in plumbing this happens. The scarey thing is it happens even in the justice system, the medical system and our government.

I may be one of the last but I will NOT agree that the new way of installing plumbing is good. A mess of plastic hose is NOT OK. A mess that is going to be burried in a wall is NOT OK. A "plumber" who does not know heating and gas and tin knocking is NOT OK. If you can not cut and thread pipe then you stink. You are just a mere beginer.

I put together a manifold today with 12 circulators and was soo !@%@# proud of the way it was so perfectly level and each zone was soo exact. In fact my balls might have grown..

lol

am i all alone here?

Reply to
Ned Flanders

You're not only plumber who takes pride, just the only one who thinks he's the only one. ; o)

Reply to
Mark Monson

Reply to
Dale Wilcox

umm jeff i hate to nit-pick but the transition on your 1/4 pipe was a little long. You have gone more towards the launch ramp shape. Sharp transition lets you really pump for max lift.

But very cool Budwiser clock.

Reply to
Ned Flanders