ACQ wood

Page 2 of 2
Well said, CW. Tom CW wrote:

tom wrote:

No, not comprehension problems. Comprehension non-problems.
--

FF

Nosnibor wrote:

Well, at first that may seem to be OK, but have you considered the choices available to someone who follows-up to your article?
--

FF

Well, if your husband is anything like you then it explains much about Lowes.
Next time you're getting information from OSHA, get information about plain old ordinary pine and then compare what they say about that and about ACQ and I think you're going to find that you know a lot less than you thought you did.
I would not have noticed that you were a woman if you had not specifically mentioned it--nobody cares whether you are a woman, what matters is that you are full of crap.

Nancy wrote:

Would you agree that I have been polite?
WIll you respond to my questions?
--

FF

Guys, you are not looking at the big picture here. Obviously Nancy is talking about cutting this wood in a shop equipped with an ungrounded dust collection system.....
--
Contentment makes poor men rich. Discontent makes rich men poor.
--Benjamin Franklin
snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net wrote:

Yeah! And sawstops suck. Maybe it wouldn't asplode if she used a right tilt saw like God intended.
brian
"brianlanning" wrote in message

Naaah ... obviously it only explodes if you're a top poster!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.
--
Regards,
Here is "Nancy's" posting history:

FF

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=&start=0&scoring=d&enc_author=EH_9JhYAAAAAqd9KYIhEX5gsOEnrBPMFys9p7FBvuYqcsrUPIQKVkQ&hl=en&filter=0
I don't give shit if one top posts or not. At time it's a pain in the arch to some times have to scan down to the bottom to read a reply. I rarely if ever top post and I don't get all bent out of shape if one does. If I want to know what the original question was I click on show all messages, then I find out what the question was. I primarily use OLE. I say to one who constantly complains about it, lighten up life's too short. You are liable to have a stroke and die young.
And there's 5 seconds of my life that are gone forever.
Given that "Nancy's" "posting history" equals exactly NOTHING, I want to thank you for just that.
And now, as Joat sez... Eat recycled food and enjoy the afterlife.
Dave Balderstone wrote:

FWIW, was that not less time than you wated reading Nancy's articles?
--

FF

Nancy wrote:

The fire/explosion hazards don't appear to be any different than any other wood substance.
http://www.ufpi.com/literature/acqmsds-200.pdf
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nancy wrote:

Where did you find this on the internet? A URL would be helpful.

What exactly is it that would explode? Why would it make a difference if you are indoors or out? Don't you agree that one needs to understand a hazard inorder to protect oneself from it/

I've read the MSDS. And I've looked into the carcinogenicity of the chemicals in AQC treated wood. They are listed as 'probably not' carcinogens, or 'unknown'. I do find it a bit dis- concerting that the product is widely available but has not been tested for carcinogenicity. But I do not understand how you got from unknown to carcinogenic. Can you explain?
Wood dust in general, even untreated is considered to contain carcinogens. Some, like Western Red Cedar more so than others.
And of course wood dust in general is an explosion hazard though it is difficult to get conditions condusive to an explosion under normal shop condidtions. But if you try throwing a can full of sawdust onto a bonfire the result may be exciting.
--

FF

Ohhhhh... so it MUST be true, huh?

Do you have any actual source for this claim? Other than your own fevered imagination, I mean.

I did. I don't. You're FOS. http://www.ufpi.com/literature/acqmsds-200.pdf
--
Regards,

She's projecting from the idiotic warning about wood dust maybe forming an explosive mix in air on the msds sheet.
Nancy... Try and find ANY documented case of a wood dust explosion in a home, ever. You can't because it has never happened. It is theoretically possible, in much the same way as it's theoretically possible that a black hole could form in the center of the Earth and destroy the solar system.
Sun, Nov 12, 2006, 8:14am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Nancy) doth proclaimeth: <snip> If you cut this type of wood indoors it can also explode. The new wood is very dangerous <snip>
When ACQ wood is outlawed, only outlaws will have ACQ wood?
JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

It is something I would not do, but not because of the treatment chemicals, but because of the treatment. Treated wood is very wet and it warps, cracks and checks as it dries. If your concern is to wetness in the basement, the feet of the shelves would be the place for treated wood.
I would probably use 2x4s though.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

If it's going with certainty to be damp then ipe would be good for the bases--if it's purely a precaution white oak or walnut should be fine.