AARP Woodworkers - Home Depot Discount!

Page 2 of 2

Andy, no matter what as long as Bush or anyone else is a Republican you'd be against him. I dare say even if the Good Lord (who is without sin) was a Republican you'd vote against him too! The Democratic so-called leaders right or wrong you are going to stick with them to the bitter end. You can't think for your self you let the "Ted the swimmer, (I can't believe a murderer is on the judicial committee) Hillary, and the other noted phonies do your thinking for you. I'm an independent and I vote for the person and not let a party brain wash me.

profit on it.

AARP won't benefit from the cards if this is similar to most gift-card programs. Companies participate in gift card programs and donate a certain percentage to the charity that is selling the cards (4% is about right for Home Depot, some restaurants go as high as 10%, maybe some a little higher). These cards are sold to charitable organizations through a clearing house that distributes numerous companies' gift cards at the discounted price. The charity then has to sell the card at face value to realize the value of the donation. It sounds like AARP is selling these cards at or near their cost, which is a good deal for the person buying from them. The charity gains no benefit if the card is used or not, their investment is up-front -- only the issueing company benefits from not having the card used. [My wife sells these for a charitable organization, so this is how I have some idea of how the programs work. It takes a whole lot of sales for the charity to recoup its investment and a lot of volunteer hours. Without the volunteer hours, these programs would not yield enough to pay for themselves.].

Damn near, I found one my kids gave last father's day. I didn't realize what it was as it wasn't the normal HD color and I was just about to feed it to my shredder when it dawned on me that it was a $50 card. RM~

And when you buy that saw you've been eyeing for three months and get it home and the thing breaks coming out of the box - and you don't like any of the other models they carry... you're stuck with a $50 piece of non-refundable plastic.
I hate gift cards. I would only take advantage of this if I was buying something that I /know/ I'm never going to bring back, such as custom mixed paint.
(And it's not even a NICE credit card weight gift card like Wal-Mart and every other company has lying in giant stacks around the store nowadays. Just a flimsy piece of nearly paper-thin plastic. Heck, Wal-Mart even has holographic and lenticular cards. Wal-Mart's plain cards double as glue spreaders once they're empty, too. Or I suppose you could just grab a stack of blanks)
--
http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,