A Sample Desultory Phillipic - Was: Oops!, Did I Do That?

Page 2 of 2
Now THAT is freaky. Seriously. I was thinking about ending one of the limericks today with "Burma Shave". I'd say "great minds think alike", but that would leave me open to your sarcastic wit. But I AM serious about the Burma Shave thing. Don't do this anymore. It's scary.
dave
Tom Watson wrote:

There once was a man named BAD whose postings were boring and sad after awhile thanks to my killfile I forgot all about that gonad
Sorry, Frank, you don't quite have the gift.
dave
Frank Ketchum wrote: snip

On 17 Nov 2003 21:00:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@math.niu.edu (Jeffrey Thunder) wrote:

You may enjoy more the mobiused meretricious metricality of:
Brayed Aria Dave is come out of the west, Through all the wide Wrecklands his tools was the best; And save his BAD thinking he knowledge had none. He rode all unlearn'd and he rode all alone. So lacking in thought and so prone to just rave, There n'er were a putz like Bay Area Dave.
(after Lochinvar- Sir Walter Scott <with my apologies>)

There was young lass from Wat'loo, whose limericks ended on line two.

"There was a woodworker named Dave, His 'wreck" articles. quite brave. Its really quite sad, the troubles he's had. The tale is true, all his efforts are BAD."
that's a start, but make the next one longer, to showcase your talent to it's fullest extent!
dave
snipped-for-privacy@horatio.agresource.com wrote: snip

*sigh* I think I'll just claim that that _is_ the extent of my talent.
"Brevity is the soul of wit." I prefer to keep things short, and be thought of as a wit, rather than expostulate at length, and prove that the world is only "half" right.
So I guess my terse posts are a step in the right direction. (Although many would say if I didn't post at all, that would be many steps in the right direction!)
dave
snipped-for-privacy@horatio.agresource.com wrote:

On 14 Nov 2003, Tom Watson spake unto rec.woodworking:

<snip heartfelt lament>

Bullseye, and I ain't talkin' shellac.
I have an idea! Let's split the group!
rec.woodworking.miscreants, and total.rec
Scott
You're a poet and I'm sure you know it (forgive me Bob Dylan).
I like - thanx for the grin.
Renata
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:12:13 GMT, Tom Watson