A Handy Tip For Gorrilla Glue Maker

Sell the stuff in mustard/ketchup pack sizes. That way we consumers wouldn't be throwing it away when it hardens up way before it's "expiration date".
UA100, who really only threw away one half a bottle once but has never re-bought it since because he threw away one half a bottle of it once...
Capital idea!
A toothpaste tube would be nice too. Bigger & still keeps the damn air/moisture out after opening.
Art
Sell the stuff in mustard/ketchup pack sizes. That way we consumers wouldn't be throwing it away when it hardens up way before it's "expiration date".
UA100, who really only threw away one half a bottle once but has never re-bought it since because he threw away one half a bottle of it once...

On top of that good idea... refrigeration will double the shelf life of the poly glue that's been opened. Just make sure you have SWMBO's approval before you do it.
Joe
aka 10x

Extra permission not required as long as you put it right next to the fishing worms.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

It was somewhere outside Barstow when Unisaw A-100

Years ago I shared a flat with a guy who developed the squeezable ketchup bottle. Now this was a clever bit of plastics work - something like 7 layers involved in it. The problem is that polyethylene alone is permeable to water vapour, which isn't a good thing for ketchup. I was working for the phone company at the time, where polyethylene cables are lined with aluminium foil.
So when I threw away 2/3rd of a bottle of Balcotan PU glue, I took steps to avoid its successor going the same way. I wrapped the squeeable and probably permeable bottle with aluminium foil. So far this bottle has lasted twice as long as the first and hasn't set in the bottle. Inside the nozzle cap though, where I haven't installed a moisture barrier, it does go hard if I don't use it for a while.