A discovery: Inserting Threaded Inserts

Page 2 of 2
On 9/13/2015 5:17 PM, hubops wrote:

The most important component of what I needed was that it be here *today*. But yes, those would have worked also.
On 9/13/2015 4:17 PM, hubops wrote:

Well for one it shows the slot up as I think it should be, at least with this particular insert. Some indicate that their instructions indicate the slot can be down to help cut into the wood. BUT looking at these inserts the slots are not near or touching the wood. So apparently there are some inserts where the slot is at the outer edge of the insert too.

I hadn't come across the type that flips over .. The other most common type - use a hex driver - - and slightly different size pilot hole for different woods. John T.
--- ---
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguarino/21403834331/in/album-72157628183501013/