Subject Author Posted Replies

K&D Enterprises in Woodbridge, VA-- Best Avoided...
I've been wanting to post this for some time. A couple of years back I had problems with my Delta table saw after only a few uses. The motor crapped out. It was within warranty, so I looked up a...

Trip to Home Depot (tee hee)
Subject: trip to Home Depot You are in the middle of some kind of project around the house. You are hot and sweaty. Covered in dirt or paint. You have your old work clothes on. You know the outfit -...
11
11

Need some mobile bases..
Anybody know where to buy a Herc-U-Lift or some other brand of mobile base for stationary tools besides
11
11

Machinist's Dye?
I know we have a few pro machinists here. What kind of store would sell marking out dye "Dyekem?", used for machining metal? I live near a NAPA distribution center that usually has everything, and the...
25
25

Remember in the 30s
Thinking of the guy buying a table saw...Carpenters use to come to work carrying different hand saws. I remember my uncle snapping a line and using a rip saw...back in the day...not alot of heavy guys...
9
9

Bringing Back The American Chestnut
Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email) http://www.philly.com/inquirer/world_us/11752597.htmlRegards http://www.philly.com/inquirer/world_us/11752597.htmlRegards,Tom...
5
5

Pricing of Laptops, Mobile Phones, MP3 Players etc.
Find reviews, discussions and pricing at of the following: - Notebooks and Pocket PC - Mobile Phones and Smart Phones - Desktop Computers and Servers - Computer Accessories - iPods and Accessories -...

Router table fence question: split or not
I'm building a router table and am undecided over the fence. Norm's design has a continuous fence which requires shimming to avoid snipe where the bit may remove material from the entire workpiece...
7
7

Air Compressor
I've had this Hausfield compressor for quite a few years. Since I've been using the crap out of it with my nail guns here to get the house done it is showing it's years. Recently I've run into trouble...
13
13

Large scotia
I need a 70-80mm (around 3") white oak scotia for a grandfather clock and I just can't seem to source one anywhere, let alone in the UK. As for how to cut one myself, I'm a bit stumped -- not having a...
4
4

Do you care where your tools are manufactured?
Please, this goes way past the last 6 3/4 years. I know lots of folks like the mantra, "It's Bush's fault", but let's be reasonable and recognize that this problem has been going on for quite some...
451
451

Rigid Band Saws?
Did some searching for reviews of the Rigid 14" bandsaw. Not too promising. Are they really as bad as the posters are saying or is this just the people who have been unlucky to get bad units?
35
35

RE: Turkey Day
To those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, enjoy the day. To those of you for which today is not a holiday, may you enjoy your local customs. Lew
1
1

Walt Akers
Does anyone know Walt Akers ? I read a funny story he told about trying to take measurements of a Big Clock. He left me hanging, as he never had a follow up. http://tinyurl.com/3dooodSmitty
5
5

Planer & Jigsaw blades, batteries, brushes & service info.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZlamblies