Walt Akers

Does anyone know Walt Akers ?

I read a funny story he told about trying to take measurements of a Big Clock. He left me hanging, as he never had a follow up.

papadoo1

snip

He had a site called Twisted Oaks, but it looks like it is no more. Several of his stories are mentioned here:

down to bottom of page.

FrankC

Reply to
Frank Campbell

here:

> Scroll down to bottom of page.

Reply to
Charlie Self

here:

> > Scroll down to bottom of page.

Charlie do you have any By-Lines in any Mags nowadays?

Reply to
ROYNEU

here:

> > > Scroll down to bottom of page.

Yeah, but...Cars & Parts for January, Corvette Enthusiast for March, etc. I'm working on a book right now, but that won't be out until '09. I guess I should see about selling an article or two in the meantime, but I've been kind of lazy about the woodworking area, working more with beauty and tech articles for vintage autos.

Reply to
Charlie Self

here:

I know cars have been more of your mainstay. But, I was thinking about woodworking. Have you looked into any of the DIY shows?

Roy

Reply to
ROYNEU