Need some mobile bases..

Anybody know where to buy a Herc-U-Lift or some other brand of mobile base for stationary tools besides Amazon.com?

Reply to
mapdude

Don't know about Herc-U-lift, but Woodworker's supply has HTC mobile bases: They also have Shop Fox and possibly others (that was a 2 minute look)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I saw that Woodcraft has a mobile base on sale for $50--you cut a square of ply to fit your machine. Recently, I bought a Jet universal mobile base that can hold 600 lbs for $90--works great. Foxshop mobile bases had some negative comments posted at Amazon.

Reply to
Phisherman

mapdude wrote in news:QL6dnSEb59aOLdranZ2dnUVZ_j- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Doesn't Home Depot sell those anymore? At least I bought 2 some time ago (Ridgid Herc-u-lift). One is still complete in its box. Do you want to come and pick it up for cost in NJ 07410?

Reply to
Han

If you go directly to the HTC site, you can get a list of dealers.

Reply to
Leon

I was browsing the Ridgid forums and I saw where a bunch of people were buying them back in '05 and '06 for around $30. They list them on their web site but the system throws errors when you try to order one, and I have no idea what the price is cause it doesn't list them.

New Jersey is too far for me to drive since I am Memphis, though I do have friends that live in Randolph.

By the way, what was your cost?

Han wrote:

Reply to
mapdude

Grizzly

Reply to
Dave

Since I work there, I may not be unbiased, but I've got two of those and plan to get more. I particularly like the foot pedals. They're a lot bigger than those on most other bases. Much easier on the feet.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I know there will be critics here, but it works fine for me, see below, before painting. Rolls arounf great on garage floor, and not too bad onto the lawn when needed. Bevel gauge used to establish the tilt angle against the steel legs, 1/4" hardware through legs, 3/8" bolts the wheels to the base boards.. 2 swivel wheels help it turn into the corner for storage. like a wheelbarrow. You can set them on a board to lift that end and rest on old leg stops, or tap a wedge in to lock wheels so saw won't swivel. Or wrap a small chain around them on the floor, it don't take much.

RM MS

mapdude wrote in news:eMmdncbzV5nc3NXanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I bought 2, and some nails to get over the $100 limit for free shipping. So I'll ask for $49 for the one I have in the box, if picked up here in North Jersey. I have no idea what shipping would cost. Randolph is apparently not that far, but neither is it next doors.

Reply to
Han

I found that Grizzly had them identical to my Woodcraft store. Picked up two of them. Worked OK for me. I used them for a cabinet table saw and an old 1917 meat band saw (converted to cut wood). Both wiegh a lot.

-earl

Reply to
Dirtleg

I made one for an 8" jointer by laminating 4 pieces of 3/4 plywood as a vertically oriented rib down the long axis beneath a double laminate of 3/4 ply and mounted 4 4" heavy duty locking castors beneath. It is rock solid and lag bolted to the base, hasn't bowed significabtly in

7-8 years and two moves. Tom
Reply to
Tom Bunetta