Subject Author Posted Replies

Router features
I'm considering buying my first router and not having used one much in the past, I'm unsure what the important features are. I'm sure more HP means better cutting power. I've seen some that say "fixed...
11
11

Warps in Sock Stretchers
SWMBO knits woolen socks and uses wooden sock stretchers to form them into shapes. Sock stretchers look like this: From what I've seen, the older stretchers are planed and smoothed clean but left...
10
10

Great Lakes Boat Building School
Located in the beautiful Les Cheneaux Islands of northern Michigan, the Great Lakes Boat Building School offers a full-time, 9 or 12 month program in woodworking, lofting, yacht joinery, traditional...

Problem with thicknesser/planer
I have one of these: find that as I feed a piece of wood through the depth setting wheel turns and lifts the cutters. So to get an even cut all the way along I have to feed with one hand and hold the...
5
5

bending rockers?
Should I go the steam route or try to resaw thin strips, glue and bend approach? What do I but for a heater and a boiler to make a small steamer? any experience with that? thanks for the tips
5
5

Easy elbow joint?
Hi, I'm making an indoor trellis that's changeable- repositionable. So it involves an elbow joint between two 1" by 2" by 4' boards of wood. I'm a total beginner and don't know what I'm doing. So, I...
1
1

Harbor Freight - Extended Warranty
That's right, HF is now offering extended warranties. Got to the cash register the other day with a ten dollar electric buffer and the clerk asked if I wanted to buy an extended warranty for it. I...
4
4

Home Depot closing 15
Home Depot is closing 15 stores it said in our paper today, check your paper or the web to see how close you are to one, they could be some good buy's on tool's
15
15

Magswitch Featherboard
just received my new magswitch featherboard (30mm Pro version) I'm still waiting on the vertical featherboard attachment. So far this thing is awesome. It says in the instructions to leave it in the...
12
12

How to build a garden gate?
I have another client who needs a replacement garden gate. The old one is just worn out and sagging. I'm looking for tricks of the trade to speed up the construction and make a more accurate gate....
3
3

FS:Fine Woodworking Magazine
I have a pretty complete set of Fine Woodworking magazine. Volumes 1-169. Missing in action vol 19,26,44,65,68,75,77-81.84,88,89,160-162 If you by them all $2 each OBO. Many have the dust cover on....

Older Delta Radial Arm saw
I have the opportunity to purchase a much older radial arm saw by Delta. The owner inherited it from his dad and not sure of the exact age, but is guessing in the 50s. It's all steel, no plastic and...
5
5

May 17 Guthrie Swap Meet
Once again, the time approaches for the annual Guthrie Tailgate Swap Meet at the old Southwest Iron Works 302 W. College Guthrie, OK For more info, call: David King (405) 348-0476 or Bob Paddack (405)...
2
2

Hope for Missing fingers?
Man with damaged digit, regenerates in 4 weeks. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353636,00.html
3
3

Question RE: Table Saw Switch Placement
Hi! I am eyeing up a really good deal on a right-tilt Steel City Cab saw. However, I noted in the images, e.g., the cabling for the switch appears to interfere somewhat with access to the tilt...
5
5