Subject Author Posted Replies

Storage Shed
I never use plans for my furniture projects, but I find that I may need some for this. I want to build a shed in my backyard and I'm looking for some detailed plans (willing to pay for them). If you...
49
49

Finishing woes
I done a bit of finishing (cabinets) in the past. I used high pressure guns and Nitro lacquer. The combination produced very nice finishes with little or no effort or problems. Theproblem was that my...
2
2

Cleaning up drawers
As related in previous postings, the Akeda jig delivered on good dovetail joints for the end table drawers. I screwed up some of the joints by finish scraping the wrong places when finish scraping the...

O/T: Working People
Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day the wife and I went into town--and into a little shop. We were only in there...
11
11

Murphy is going to get you! (some wood content)
Murphy cannot be avoided, no matter how you try. This morning I was donating platelets, which requires a fat needle in your vein for a couple of hours. I was just about finished and my book slipped on...
7
7

Heads up, Senco 15 gauge angle finish nails
Woodcraft has Senco 15 gauge angle finish nails on clearance. These 4000 pack nails are normally between $25-$30 per box. Clearance priced at $9.99 per box. Need any of those Nailshooter?
2
2

Router workshop.net Has anyone joined?
Has anyone joined the "new" ? It seems that they are re-marketing their shows . I recall watching them many times on PBS, and I do have their first book.
1
1

How to ensure a square L-shaped cut
Hello, I am just starting out in woodworking and have acquired all the major hand and power tools for my workshop. I am starting out with the basics and need to make some safety jigs. However, I...
23
23

Seggy's Dream - A Woodturning Story
A very curious and cute woodturning video. Seggy's Dream - A Woodturning Story... `Casper This is a story of hope and persistence, along with being a "how to" on segmented woodturning. It's also an...

Maple hardwood floors: WARNED about gaps & buckling
One of the contractors, whom I think is honest, is warning me again using Maple for my hardwood floors. He says that he's see no end of expansion in the summer and contraction in the winter issues....
33
33

Deck & ramp
Hi all, First post in a long while and a bit off topic, but the opinions here are usually very informative, so is the Question: I need to have a small deck or patio (10x10) and handicap ramp (14x4)...
3
3

Invisible glue lines in the long term?
I recently came into a bunch of 4/4 rough maple and would like to laminate some of it into thicker stock for legs. I'm planning on either painting or ebonizing them, so I'm not so worried about grain...
7
7

A Modest Promotion
Sears seems to have come up with a use for all those too-small-to-use scraps... http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541221,00.html?test=latestnews
1
1

Got Wood ? (Gloat)
I just happened to be in the right place, at the right time to "Acquire " wellover 6Tons of the pictured wood. Mainly 40mm*40mm *3.6Metre lengths of Resin bonded, Straight Grained, Birch Ply. Lots of...

How to re-glue joints?
I am beginning to refinish a set of chairs and all of the joints need re-glued. They appear to have been glued with typical yellow glue. Will yellow glue adhere to itself? I can sand the joints but it...
23
23