Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: Jessica
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:58:17 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following: I surely try not to. Rap makes me miss Disco, and I truly hated Disco. -- What helps luck is a habit of watching...
47
47

Woodworking Plans
Hey, guys. I'm new to this group so I just wanted to post a message to say hi. If anyone is interested, I have a website at that has links to over 12,000 different woodworking plans. It's nice to be...
3
3

Question for Tom Watson about his chessboard
5
5

Rebuilding Batteries
No personal experience with this guy but have bought rebuild before with no probs, just can't recall who it was I boughtthem from. I do know that it is not very difficult to do if you understand the...
7
7

Table Saw Neener Application
Now you just need a $100 Forrest blade and $150 Incra miter guage and you are almost there. ;^) Great deal, congrats.
31
31

Sliding Dovetails for Drawer Fronts
Sliding dovetails are not ideal for drawers. There can be a lot of force against the front and back, even with roller glides. The force exerted depends on how the drawer might be used (or abused). Not...
16
16

ancient saw alignment
And once you've done that, tilt the blade (or table, in some cases) and see if it's still in line. Some contractor type saws have the trunnions out of line so that it can line up at 90 but not at 45....
7
7

Bookcase progress (Brrr it's cold!)
Hey fellow saw dusters! Check out my progress on my cherry bookcase: need to glue the sides together, molding for bottom, shelves, make the lid, etc... Suggestions, comments, concerns? Let me have it....
8
8

OT: Leno's in a pickle, say wot?
It's not all his fault. The world in general and his guests in particular are more dreary than in times past.
30
30

Big Wheel
I have a LARGE peddle grinder like the one you can see on the Roy Underhill show that has a 1/4 inch crack on the out side edge going in to the center.I think the axel started to rust causing it to...
1
1

Re: O/T: What to take to bed with you
Don't do that. The car alarm will wake the neighbors unnecessarily.
4
4

Off Topic: Clark Little Photographs
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:31:38 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following: The D-3 (and my D-40) will bracket, no problem. Oh, like some of the astronomy software uses. Got it. Only the cheap...
19
19

Re: What to take to bed with you
Good idea but before relying on this to work properly you should test the range. I have never had a vehicle that this would work on from inside my house and even in a parking lot I have to be within...
12
12

OT: People of Walmart
I confess... I spent 1/2 hour I will never get that time back.
6
6

How Tall Is Your Miter Saw Setup?
I'm thinking of rearranging my shop in a way that would require putting my SCMS on a cabinet that would be taller than what I've been using for the last ten years. The table of the saw is currently at...
7
7