Rebuilding Batteries

Does anyone have any experience with a battery rebuilder called Voltman in Mansfield OH. He has decent web site ?. He has a U-tube demonstration on it which looks pretty reassuring. He'll rebuild a Dewalt 12V NICAD battery pack for $45. You pay the freight charge to OH, he returns it to you on his dime. Two to four week turn around. He says their rebuilds are better than new.

Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

SonomaProducts.com

Yep. I had them rebuild one of my 14.4V PC batteries. Good as new, perhaps better. Recommended. I'm told this is a pretty easy DIY, too.

Reply to
keithw86

Sometimes. I disassembled a Dust-Buster and took the batteries to a rebuild place. The quote was $18 and two days.

Instead I bought a new Dirt Devil at Walmart for $17.

Reply to
HeyBub

IME, these things are less than worthless, though. A 14.4V PC drill, not so much.

Reply to
krw

I had a local "Interstate Batteries" shop rebuild 3 sets for me a couple of years ago. They work great! Cost about $35 for each set. The new batteries have a larger amp-hour rating too.

Len

Reply to
l-lopez

Anybody with a stock of standard cells of various sizes and a battery welder can do this sort of thing, there's really nothing magic about it. If you feel like doing some cobbling you can even put together a battery welder yourself for not too many bucks.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I have sent several sets to them and have gotten excellent results and quick turnaround.

Reply to
DT