Subject Author Posted Replies

Veritas or Lie-Nielsen?
I only one one hand plane, a Veritas #4 smooth plane and I LOVE it. I want to buy a block plane and I am either going with: Lie-Nielsen adjustable mouth () OR Veritas DX60 adjustable mouth block plane...
7
7

Sketchup - What's the best mouse for SU?
Read some where that special 3D mice are great for CAD stuff. What say you?
42
42

Rolling lumber/sheet goods cart
Anyone have a good plan (preferably free...) or a good place to look for a plan for one of these puppies? There were a couple in ShopNotes. The materials lists and cutting guides are free, but I can't...
18
18

Oklahoma City Lumber?
Aside from twisters, are there any lumber yards around OKC? I cant find any and might be driving to Texas for lumber in the near future.
12
12

RE: Clever Those WoodSmith Folks
View this week's Woodsmith Tip online: http://woodsmithtips.com/l/4153-99210
1
1

Scroll saw recommendation
Anyone have good/bad things about the various scroll saws - DeWalt, etc? Might be my next major purchase. MJ
4
4

OT - Why does Astraweb ping the speaker?
Hello, As many others here, I had to switch to a new newsgroup service when AT&T stopped providing it. I started using Astraweb. So far, no complaints other than an annoying pinging or dinging of the...
7
7

What is it? Set 335
That's not how you carry dynamite. This is: http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/119447/tumblr_kvpaf=uDfzG1qz6f9yo1_1280-700x534.pngKarl
35
35

Double Mortise/Tenon--Long
I don't think you mentioned how long the 4x4 is, which affects the answer. However, I think this is a prime opportunity to get in touch with your inner Neander, grab the handsaw and go for it. jc
23
23

Clear Vue Cyclones
Ken, You may be interested in this dust collector... Neil
1
1

another motor question
I'm still getting my 36" bandsaw set up... the infrastructure to house and feed it is a significant project! Anyhow, I still have not settled the motor issue. The saw has a 5 HP 3 Phase Ajax motor...
12
12

[OT] Just finished my first lathe turning
I'm just beginning to understand why the turners seem so enthusiastic. It's not wood, but it came out right the first time! at bottom of page. Next up: learning to braze with an oxy-acetylene torch...
13
13

O/T: The Other Stall
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------------- Traveling down the interstate and needing to use the restroom, I stopped at a rest area and headed to the restroom. I was barely sitting down when I...

ClearView Cyclones Bites the dust
http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/index.htm

Off Topic: Beer Gone crazy
I suppose it had to happen... Enterprising brewers are ratcheting up the stakes with alcohol content that revivals that of whiskey.
11
11