Subject Author Posted Replies

Repair melamine...
Hi, I want to repair nail holes on melamine, what product does the best job. Thanks.

A good (and long) article about rust
I have seen a lot of this, but not in one place and not so well-written? http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/rust/rust.htmlwoodstuff
17
17

FWW plans
Looking for the hope chest plans out of the Fine Wood Working mag, April 1998 # 129. FWW does not have this mag on their back issue list. Any help or suggestions.
3
3

Source for twist drill bits
Hi all; I need to buy 15 - 20 twist drill bits, the odd sizes that don't come in sets (9/64, 5/32, &tc.). I don;t need anything fancy, just the usual HSS, general purpose bits. Anybody got a good...
8
8

OT Happy 4th everyone
Even you Canucks and across the ponders. basilisk

OT: Electrical Fire
I went to turn the pool pump on today and noticed the outlet the timer plugged in to was charred and black. I'm not 100% sure of the cause, but the important thing is the electrical box contained the...
39
39

OT: Help please: cutting styrofoam sheets
My shop has a steel roll-up "garage" door that faces a blistering sun for several hrs/day. I'm determined to insulate it. The easiest way I see is to slap some styrofoam shhet insulation onto it. I...
23
23

OT just for fun.:-]D
Part of the G-8/G-20 Summit talks revolved around a new standard for timekeeping, to bring us closer in line with new standards already adopted in Europe and Asia. By October, 2012, North America will...
1
1

bandsaw advise
I am looking for advise on how to cut a 1/4" radius in a 6" piece of wood. I am aking a jewelry box and it calls fo a couple of scroll type curves wiusing a 1/8" blade. I have been trying for two...
8
8

Re: OT/ IT'S A MAN THING
Brilliant! Thanks for that; a wonderful read. . . and happy 4th to you!
19
19

Lee Valley Free Shipping
now to July 11th.

Cleaning Soiled Cabinets?
Need to know the best solvent or cleaner to use when it comes to Kitchen cabinets. The cabinets are in good shape with a nice cherry stain look. Just dirty as hell with years of kitchen grease and the...
5
5

OT: The Festool of breadmakers
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:21:55 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy wrote the following: What are you talking about? Algore is on both sides. He inefficiently wastes millions of BTUs and tens of thousands of gallons of...
55
55

Band saw roller guide bearings
Been having trouble with the roller guides on my band saw from the git go. First time I ran it one of the shields popped off. Put it back on and it was OK for a while, then another popped off. Put it...
11
11

Southern Yellow Pine - Tanning
Hey: I've been working on a construction project recently that features a lot of exposed framing and using southern yellow pine. Now, for the structural framing elements I've been using regular kiln...
3
3