Subject Author Posted Replies

Answer to an old question: "ALPHA" Box on a utility pole
I couldn't locate the thread, but last fall, I described a 3' by 2' by 2' metal box, with "ALPHA" marked on it, on my utility pole, and even posted a picture in an effort to try to figure out what it...
28
28

220VAC vs. 240VAC Saw Motor S.O.T.
I was asked today about a motor stamped 240VAC. I kept saying 220 volts and my neighbor would interupt and remind me it said 240 VAC. I told hm that I didn't think it mattered and that I'd never heard...
21
21

Looking for a tool
I've got a customer trying to drill a 1-1/16" diameter hole through a thin (1/16") piece of wood/plastic composite material. They can't really use a hole saw because the "plug" gets stuck in the...
16
16

What is it? Set 343
More items have been posted on the web site: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
18
18

OT: Independence Day sides - have fun!
Well, it's getting to be the 4th, and celebrating our national independence around these parts means firing up the grill/pit to burn some meat and filling up the cooler with the good stuff. This is...
5
5

Battery Repair
Has anyone tried one of these battery repair tricks available for sale on ebay? Just wondering if they do really work.
5
5

Happy Canada Day
Happy Canada Day. Party on, party hard. Get you passport and do it again on the 4th
3
3

Plastic caps for Bessey bar clamps
Over time I have managed to loose a couple of the plastic caps for my Bessey bar clamps. I have had no luck googling to try to find someone who might sell those things. Ditto with ebay. Any ideas?...
5
5

Recommendations for tap/die set
Now and then, I find that I could use a tap and die set. I usually go without and figure something else out, but decided perhaps I should go with one. The local hardware store has Irwin brand. Small...
7
7

Is my JET AFS Damaged?
After waiting 2 weeks for my AFS-1000B from Amazon, using free delivery, I think it showed up damaged. When I look at the end with the filter, it looks like the center is squished a bit. It I measure...
1
1

MDF questions
I'm not very familiar with MDF, but I'm seeing it used on TV a lot. How strong is it? I'd like to use it for some cabinet doors, but I wonder if it's strong enough to hold the hinge screws. Are there...
14
14

O/T: Leave It To The Brits
Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------------------------------------- An American tourist in London decides to skip his tour group and explore the city on his own. He wanders around, seeing the...
1
1

opinions
My King KC-10SC 1HP Direct drive saw died... i was waiting for this day... now time to replace... Oninions on: (if i get this one, i'm getting hte 52" rails on it) i want this style saw not the true...
22
22

Re: They will patent ANYTHING
How dare you take an early lunch to sneak in here and besmirch my good name! I will report you for your lame reactive postings. Never has a greater display of stupidity been seen in this group than...
2
2

TrollFilters updated...
.. and are available for download at usual, the first entry in the "Change History" section describes what's new with this set. http://www.milmac.com/trollfilter.phpAs