Subject Author Posted Replies

FS: Unisaw
$850 OBO. In the Portland OR metro area. connection to seller. Art http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/tls/2078917878.htmlNo
1

Truly portable miter saw and table saw.
So I'm in the market for a small miter saw that's lightweight and actually portable. Pretty much all the players have one, I'm just wondering which one is "best". And I'm also looking for a small...
12
12

Hand hewn beam photos
I've put some pictures of a hand hewn beam in a 200 year old barn up on flicker on the odd chance that somebody might want to know what one looks like.
15
15

Colonial highboy pictures
I've put some pictures of a colonial highboy up on Flickr I've tried to show some details of the construction. I'll have access to it for a few days (it goes to the restorer next week) so if anybody...
6
6

What is it? Set 364
This week's set has been posted:
22
22

HVLP question spraying water-based poly
As a newbie to HVLP, I have encountered the following problem... I am spraying Minwax (water-based) Polycrylic semi-gloss polyurethane. Although the spray seems to atomize well, it seems that unless I...
26
26

Trip to auction today
I went to the auction today and found some older Wrecker stuff (finally...). If you like old iron, then you can take a look if you want. I'm not trying to compete with Rob, but I also put up two...
14
14

Lee Valley Heat gun?
Has anyone tried the variable temp lee valley heat gun? Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee Valley Tools http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=65605...
18
18

Progress On New House
4 weeks and 4 days after ground break, last Saturday. Brick and stone is almost complete. Sheetrock, cabinets and most trim is in. Hope to be moving in just before Christmas.
27
27

Tractor supply has a 16 spd drill press for $139
I bought this last year for $129. It is well worth that price. The belts suck, too tight, but the unit is a good home/hobby unit. I would not consider this for a pro. The laser is just ok to almost...

Multistar chuck with accessories
Had wrong start time in original posting... Keith P http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150523817039 http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem

Klingspor Sanding Belts / $29 for 30 belts (!?)
Has anyone here ever used Klingspor sanding belts? I got a catalog in the mail and they look like a legit place. In addition to selling a lot of stuff they also say that they are a manufacturer of...
15
15

Building Pharaoh's Ship
Interesting show on Nova last night about a project to build a ship based on engravings and models from ancient Egyptian tombs and temples. Barefoot guys working enormous Douglas Fir beams with adzes...
28
28

board feet and quarters
A board foot is defined as a 1' x 1' x 1" or combinations to get 144 cu inch of material. When I go to the lumber store a 1" thick board is actually 3/4". When I see lumber listed as 4/4, 5/4, 6/4,...
23
23

Idea for Xmas
All you practical men will be wanting to put this little book on your christmas lists I know. Don't click on this link if you are easily offended W
3
3