Lee Valley Heat gun?

Has anyone tried the variable temp lee valley heat gun?

tiredofspam

Haven't tried it but consider this one too, it's often on sale for $7.99

Larry W

For $20 what can you loose, never been disappointed by anything from LV.

Looks and specs out like a B&D I bought about 13 years ago for a comparable price, I have abused it and so did a friend of mine, still works, and I don't normally loan out tools.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

"tiredofspam" wrote:

> Opinions...

--------------- It's only 1,200 watts.

I'd pass.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

extend the pumphouse for a client. I also used it 30 years ago to remove paint from my cupboard doors. I'd say I got my eight or ten bucks worth, don't you?

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Grab one. Looks more useful than the cheaper ones, but the cheaper ones work just fine, too.

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

metal feet to allow placing on bench in free hands mode.

I'd pass.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

--------------------------------

---------------------------------- Searching around a little bit for the gun I bought 15-20 years ago for maybe $35 at Home Depot, and I finally found it.

Surprise, current price ranges from $100-$125.

That H/F unit starts looking better and better.

Add a couple of bent up coat hangers and you get a hands free unit.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

=A0 -- Minna Thomas Antrim

I have a 1500 watt 'Digital'(wtf?) Wagner. 35 bucks I think. That thing will light BBQ fires.

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
tiredofspam

And it doesn't have feet ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I have a 1500 watt 'Digital'(wtf?) Wagner. 35 bucks I think. That thing will light BBQ fires.

451F lights paper.
Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I have one and have no complaints, but I've only used it a couple of times.

It worked great thawing the sprinkler manifold in the back yard when I was surprised by an early freeze a few weeks back.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Yes, the digital, enhanced squarewave, billet Vogner is truly another advertising milestone product, such as Thom. WaterFail and MinWhacked WoodRuiner.

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques
[topposting corrected]

Why do you say that? It can reach 900F. If you need more heat, use a fookin' BLOWTORCH. I have one of these for weeds, not paint/wood.

is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

What, you guys don't own metal coathangers? Make a stand. Take ya 3 minutes, tops.

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Other than the color, it appears to be identical to the HFT model - with the exception of the rotating damper (which restricts the incoming air - I suspect) that offers more consistency/control than blocking the ports with the palm of one's hand to increase the heat output.

I'm on my second HFT cheapie and I don't use them that often. First one lasted about five years of infrequent use and lots of laying about in a wooden box I made to hold it.

HFT sent out a 25% off any item coupon (good in stores or online) yeasterday so maybe you could get one from them for six dollars

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

Propane torch with the right attachment is fine for paint.

Lobby Dosser

I have been very happy with the "digital" multi-temperature heat gun from Harbor freight - I especially appreciate the auto-cool down feature.

It lists for $39.99 but I paid about $25

blueman