Subject Author Posted Replies

Old Minwax stain
I've an old can of Minwax (oil-base) stain (dark walnut) thats been in the basement since sometime in the 1980's. It's contents look gelatinous. Does anybody know if I can thin it with mineral spirits...
17
17

band saw recommendations
Now that I finally realize how useful a band saw can be, I think I want one. But, finances what they are, I am not going to be looking at high end units. The Ridgid is well within my price range but...
19
19

Reports of my demise...
Hello wreckers. To quote the great Mark Twain, "reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated"... It was recently brought to my attention that as of several months back, at least, there was some...
8
8

OT: Herd of White Deer in Wisconsin
An Iroquois legend proves to be true. Wisconsin - near border with Michigan's Upper Peninsula
9
9

Resource for standard furniture sizes?
I'm looking for a book that has the standard sizes generally used for furniture - like dining tables are 30" high by x by y for 6 people and chair seats are 18" etc... Sort of like a fact book or...
2
2

O/T: Prayer for 2011
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------ Dear God, All I ask for in 2011 is a big, fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix these up like you did last year. Amen.

OT: "Windows Live Mail" format question
Does anyone know how to get "Windows Live Mail” to append "> ” to the beginning of each line of quoted text?
26
26

Speaking of looking for...
The other posting looking for drawer slides reminded me... In the shop there's a cabinet that was salvaged from grandmother's kitchen...it's the old metal white-painted style. Good cabinet still,...
15
15

OT: kinda nice (again)
Well; I think it is a class act when someone else has to say it for you !!! British newspaper salutes Canada . . . this is a good read. It is funny how it took someone in England to put it into...
11
11

Looking for 2 Way Drawer Slides
Hello, I'm looking to find 2 way drawer slides somewhere in Toronto, Canada. In other words, they have to be able to slide both ways. My preferred manufacturer and model are the Accuride 2002 slides....
3
3

Accessories for DeWalt Cases
I was wondering if anyone knows if you can buy just the inserts for the DeWalt cases. I'm talking about the hard rubber dividers or holders with the dovetails that lock into the sides of the cases....

OT In The Presence Of Songwriting Royalty
That had to be cool....
17
17

What is it? Set 372
Just posted this week's set: http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/01/set-372.htmlRob
30
30

OT: Greatest letter ever written
I just had to share this and since it is written on paper (a forest product), I think that it might not even need the OT designation.
5
5

Newfoundland declares war on the U.S.A.
Newfoundland declares war on the U.S.A. ********** President Barack Obama was in the Oval Office when his telephone rang. "Hallo, President Obama " a heavily accented voice said. "This is Archie, up...
13
13