Subject Author Posted Replies

Basswood differences
Hopefully on abpw, a pic of some basswood will show up. Just wondering what the differences are. Thanks, Paul
2
2

Burnt shellac
As glue, cure time?
8
8

Removing laminate/formica
I have a small dining room table (4 people) with an imitation dark oak laminate sheet as it's top. It's a split table which allows a leaf for expansion for two more tables. At the edge of each side of...
8
8

how to fill shallow holes in workbench top
I put in a bench vise today and, as per advice from this group, used bolts, nuts and washers. I drilled a couple of flat-bottomed holes in the bench top, just deep enough to keep the bolt heads below...
7
7

Fine WW and David Letterman!!!
If you like David Letterman, this is a must see: that's my *first* tinyurl) Skip down to the bottom for the video. To be honest, it's not as good as Lew's "black-eye cure" but I think you'll like it!...
3
3

Finally got it done
Well, I asked a lot of questions here, and got a lot of help, for that I th= ank all. Took me a loooooong time to get it done, but my son was good enou= gh to give me an excuse along the way, he got...
24
24

What Glue For Veneer?
I've repaired small veneer chips/missing pieces, using Titebond II, successfully. I now have a old dresser project with 2 drawers missing the veneer on their faces. What type of glue is appropriate...
31
31

Ridgid quiet vacuums
I'm thinking about replacing a failing Fein Turbo II with one of Ridgid's quieter vacuums. Model WD1450 is the one I looked at in the store. It shows a "4 of 10" in terms of loudness, whatever that...
15
15

NYC Area - Where to buy "nicer" wood?
Anybody from around here? (New York City) Where do you go to buy stuff you can't find at HD? I'm not looking for Bubinga harvested strictly by missionaries, mind you. But a place to get furniture...
5
5

Seeking custom woodworking shop (oak)
I'm a small businessman in Tucson, Arizona, and I'm seeking a wood shop that can produce some custom made high-quality oak toilet seats according to specs. Can anyone recommend a small or medium-size...
1
1

Festo; A different shade of green, and it's not hand held.
on the Haarisburg PA Craig's List. It looks like it weighs about 300 - 350 pounds. Here's the description if the link disappears. "Festo Router/Shaper. Cutting motor is 6HP 220/440 Volt also has a...

Consumer Products Safety Commision - New table saw rules on the horizon. (sawstop, et. al.)
advance notice of proposed rulemaking for performance requirements to address table saw blade contact injuries. September 14, 2011
52
52

O/T: Black Eye Cure
See abpw Lew
4
4

Ping - JLoomis
What kind of siding is that? http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/117923-1.jpgSonny
4
4

Wood theft
A Chinese woodworker recently opened his shop to discover that sometime during the night a significant quantity of his rare wood blanks had been stolen. Looking for clues, he discovered a child's...
13
13