Subject Author Posted Replies

Vintage Stanley No. 53 - Best spokeshave EVER!
That is all.

Need Source For 4" x 1/2" Pressure Treated Slats (Resaw?)
Greetings! I need a bunch of slats to extend a fence around SWMBO's garden. The short story is that I need a bunch of 6' x 4" x 1/2" rough cut pressure treated slats. That's the actual size of each...
15
15

Stretchable power cord
This is pretty cool...

Cutting hook and loop sandpaper for multi-tool
The precut pieces for my Dremel multi-tool are insanely priced. What are people using to cut their own? Kitchen shears? TIA
4
4

Cleverness requested - how to finish both sides of a panel efficiently
Same panel doors, same novice "craftsman". I'll be attempting to finish two panel doors today. I plan to install two hooks in each door (in the locations where the hinges will eventually attach) in...
20
20

Made in America
38
38

Baltic birch vs. Poplar for Bathroom Cabinet
I am building a built-in painted cabinet for one of our bathrooms (which includes a shower). I am planning on using poplar for the face frames but was wondering whether it would be OK to use Baltic...
38
38

Dust Deputy
Mainly a lurker here but sure do get most of my questions answered before I even no I have them. Now for the question. Recently moved and had to greatly downsize my workshop and need a smaller way to...
11
11

Good Harbor Freight product IMHO
I know you have to be very carful buying from Harbor Freight and much of their stuff is pretty bad. I once had one of their quick squeeze clamps crumble in my hand the first time I used it so I threw...
7
7

O/T: May Day
Lighten things up a bit. Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------------- This is the story of the poor blonde flying in a two-seater airplane with just the pilot. He suffers a sudden heart attack...
3
3

OT, Life in the twilight zone
Life takes some unexpected ugly twist sometimes. Dad has been in ICU for 9 weeks with little hope of a good outcome, going from slightly better to bad and worse from day to day. Sister in law passed...
16
16

Getting rid of a Radial arm saw
So there was a Recall of the Sears 10 inch Radial Arm Saw. Years ago they offered a price that wasn't worth it. But now they offered to give me $100 for the motor and carriage. I took it, sent in the...
13
13

Earlex HV6900
Just received my Earlex HV6900 Spray Station HVLP Paint Sprayer from Can't wait to use it on Monday on a Painted Kitchen job I have. Rich
3
3

What happened to NYW online episodes?
It seems like there have been no 'new' NYW online episodes since #812 (Nest of Drawers) that played back in mid-October. I really was enjoying the opportunity to catch up on old episodes that I had...
8
8

Tip for cleaning old Latex brushes
I used my Latex brush for Zinsser's BIN Primer/Sealer which suggest either Ammonia (50:50 with water) or alcahol for cleanup. I didn't have any ammonia so I used undiluted Fantastic which seems to...
12
12