Cutting hook and loop sandpaper for multi-tool

The precut pieces for my Dremel multi-tool are insanely priced. What are people using to cut their own? Kitchen shears?

TIA

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I think any kind of scissors will work. As a bonus, cutting sandpaper with scissors is a short-hand way of sharpening the scissors!

Reply to
HeyBub

I use scissors. And for the sandpaper, I use 6" hook & loop disks without holes. I get efficient use when making either the 'large' or the 'small' pads (I have a HF machine).

To help get the sizes right, I cut templates out of hardboard and then use a shop pencil to trace the shape followed by a scissors to cut them out.

Reply to
blueman

I think any kind of scissors will work. As a bonus, cutting sandpaper with scissors is a short-hand way of sharpening the scissors!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Old wives tale. cutting sandpaper with scissors just dulls them out.

Reply to
CW

RE: Subject

Buy boxes of 50 pieces/grit from Klingspor.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett