Good Harbor Freight product IMHO

I know you have to be very carful buying from Harbor Freight and much of their stuff is pretty bad. I once had one of their quick squeeze clamps crumble in my hand the first time I used it so I threw the others out. However, I have to say I am very pleased with these hefty little clamps at an incredible price.

I have a few each of the short ones (maybe 6 and 10 inch) and they are working great.

SonomaProducts.com

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote

have worked well. Both for metal work and wood work. I even used them to stabilize some tree branches to cut them up with a reciprocating saw. I am happy with them.

The only ones that failed were used to hold some metal that was being grinded. And the only reason they failed was that the grinder kept taking chunks out of them. It couldn't be avoided though. And I could not have done the job without them.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Lee Michaels wrote the following:

I have a couple of these in 12" from HF. I especially like the quick release and the fact that the bottom side of the bar is toothed for the release. You just push the movable jaw to the work and the jaw stays. No slipping back of the movable jaw until the release is used. If you are strong enough to push the jaws together on the work, you don't even have to use the screw handle to tighten, unless you want to crush something.

Reply to
willshak

I have the longer version of these and have had great luck with them. Definitely a great buy.

-Jim

Reply to
jtpr

Same, but instead of throwing them out, I fixed the two problems that caused the crumble. Cost me one machine screw for the trigger, and a dab of epoxy for a plastic tab that is flimsy.

However, I have to say I am very pleased with these hefty

Reply to
Jack

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

Replace "much of" with "some" and we can agree. But that's the same with all tool manufacturers nowadays. If you don't believe me, DAGS for "Delta Tools" recently. ;)

I've bought dozens of those and never seen that. It appears from that link picture that the new models sport rubber grip inserts in their handles, too.

Friction tape is your friend, as are old towels, washrags, shop rags.

A single wrap will do it, noting the direction so it doesn't start peeling the first time you use it.

-- Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice. -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Reply to
Larry Jaques