Subject Author Posted Replies

finish stapler for cabinet backs
I'm considering getting a finish stapler like the Bostitch sb-150sx to fasten 1/4" ply cabinet backs to carcasses. I use the Bostitch as an example because I've been using their 16 and 18 gauge...
17
17

Proper Paint for a Particular Primer
Specifically exterior house painting: I'm confused and/or my knowing/ assuming is defected. I have generally thought any paint can be applied over any primer. I used Zinsser Cover Stain oil base...
6
6

Sanding "white paper"
Has anyone heard of or read any sort of research paper on how to sand effic= iently and effectively? For example, say you have a maple board that has c= ome straight from the planer, with no chip-out....
7
7

Predrilling technique
Here's something I came up with today (I don't claim its rocket science). Ever wonder those holes you pre-drilled are really lined up before you start to drive them? Put a short piece of insulated...
3
3

slightly OT - laser engraver
Anybody have experience with a laser engraver that would be suitable for a small, low volume, one man operation? I'm considering buying, the per piece rates around here are pretty steep. Is a price...
8
8

Back to work
After some mid-level preventative maintenance, I am back in production. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/BactToWork.jpg
4
4

Thin floor follow up
^5 for your son. That should be a pretty floor. He'll/you'll have to post a pics link when finished. Has he found a good deal on a planer, also? I suppose at least a 15" one. Sonny
4
4

OT: Festool should jump in and make a better one
's a story behind this. "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
10
10

makeshift vice
Morning Fellows I have a bit of a problem I don't have a proper work bench , not enough room in garage, I use a couple of pieces of 3/4" ply on top of each other over sawhorses. I have a number of...
10
10

Particle Board Repair
I have to repair an game cabinet by cutting off the bottom of the cabinet sides and edge joining in replacement pieces and gluing braces(pine boards) over the seams *inside* of the game cabinet....
8
8

Moisture meter recommendation
I'm planning on cutting some bowl blanks out of some recently felled cedar logs. I'll do a rough out on the lathe and coat the end grain with Anchorseal. Two questions: At what percentage can I...

O/T: Milt Romney A Unicorn.
Good question. Enjoy Lew --------------------------------------- Is Mitt Romney a unicorn? The concerned citizens of Arizona would like Secretary of State Bennett to investigate. Last week, Arizona...
6
6

O/T: Maxine's Health Message
Enjoy Lew -------------------------------------- Maxine's Health Message As I was lying in bed pondering the problems of the world, I rapidly realized that I don't really care. It's the tortoise life...
1
1

Screwdrivers, electric or hand?
Hi I was lately doing something with large items, and I had a friend to help me - and he asked why I dont use a electric screwdriver - when I work I'd like to have a feeling with the items I make.......
17
17

Chineese Hoses suck.
I'm done with Chinese hoses. These pieces of shit keep blowing their skins off. I have had a bunch of these that go bad.. The skin bubbles up and blows a pin hole. My water hoses have done this...
6
6