Subject Author Posted Replies

Bench Finish?
I picked up a small folding wooden bench a few years back at a local antique flea market. It was made new, not old wood. It has been ideal to put outside on the covered patio and put away in the...
5
5

OT: Huge Bear Surprises Samsung Crew on EcoBubble washing machine
1
1

spalted maple
... And my favorite .45 ACP platform. Oh, hell yeah!! http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-j1XGCjcG8HA/UlSx-RA-1YI/AAAAAAAAUdQ/TdZqYhV9sTw/s2048-no/IMAGE_18.jpg
2
2

RE: Chain Saw On A Stick
Today is the day when they prune the olive trees outside my window. The trees are 20'-25' tall and in year's past, that meant climbing into the trees to prune them. This year a new toy for the tree...
8
8

Equipment valuations
I just inherited a Ridgid JP 06101 jointer, 6 1/8", and a Foley Belsaw 12 3/8" planer/moulder, 5 hp. Says it will take a 6" high board or thereabouts. There are about ten boxes with various blades,...
4
4

Where do you set your chipbreaker?
I was taught to set it at 1/16 for a finish plane, but Chris Schwarz has other ideas. I have always disliked chipbreakers, which clog a handplane all too easily. But tonight I dislike them a little...
14
14

18 year old Usenet post on Scary Sharp
Redirecting to Google Groups
2
2

OT : Here's the phone # to reach Obamacare’ s national call center--to funny
I understand that some people are opposed to Obamacare, but there seems to be a large number that are frothing at the mouth over it. I wonder if the same was true when Social Security started? I'm not...
3
3

Spray gun advice
I'd like to add spray finish to my skill set, so I guess I need a spray gun. There are three at an online auction -- items 10, 11 and 12 at this link: Any thoughts about the quality/price on these?...
3
3

Roy Underhill
"There's no prying in woodworking." "Don't pull the draw knife too far. That's what happened to my half-brother."
5
5

bookcase leveling
At a garage sale recently, I ran across a "complimentary" issue of Woodsmith (no issue number) which contained a plan for a "classic bookcase" which could be built singly or in multiples. Looked like...
13
13

Festool TS55 REQ recall
Might of missed it before, just ran across it tonight: Kansas City infoZine | KCServers
4
4

Finishing problem - blotchy maple
Ok, I am working on a rocker and I am applying a finish to the rear splats that are rounded. I've made them out of maple - curly - and applied a Watco finish to the fi rst three. Ugly blotchiness. I...
9
9

OT: Slightly. humor, preserving your wooden deck
I assume facebook video links work but not sure.

The WoodWright's Shop - Three Legged Chair
Yesterday's airing of the WoodWright's Shop showed the process of making a 3 legged stool (chair, seating). They commented on the history of 3 legge d seating, being a standard long time ago, about...
2
2